Trtying to install on Windows 10

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

rnonay

Trtying to install on Windows 10

Post by rnonay »

I'm looking for a media library catalog - and want to try out MM5 to see how its library functions work.

I downloaded the file. Clicking on it locked up my computer.

Performed reboot, downloaded again (took 5 minutes after reboot to even be able to delete the original DL file)

double clicked to launch - nothing happens for 15 minutes. Like NOTHING - no response at all, Check in task manager shows the process is running, but using 0% CPU and almost nothing else.

Waiting a further 15 min utes, I get the "Do you want to allow this application to make changes" message. Going Okay - and again nothing happens.

Finally after another 15 minutes, I see a select language dialogue...

If this is any indicator of how the program works, I'm not going to be using MM...

For the record, I do not use Windows defender (I use another package) - having seen posts about Defender causing problems.
Lowlander

Re: Trtying to install on Windows 10

Post by Lowlander »

This is not a typical experience. What Build of MediaMonkey 5 are you trying to install?
rnonay

Post by rnonay »

The one I downloaded on the 11th - version 5.0.1.2433
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can you please try with the latest beta of 5.0.2: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639
rnonay

Re: Trying to install on Windows 10

Post by rnonay »

I think I might have found the issue.

After doing a lot of digging, I found that despite Windows Defender being disabled (as shown in the Virus and threat detection settings), it actually was only partly turned off.

The "Reputation-based protection" was still turned on, and it may have been interfering with the launch/running of the install.

I can't directly test, as since it did eventually complete (taking almost an hour for a simple 82MD install file...), I'm not looking forward to trying again.

Not sure if there is something you can do to get the installer to have the proper reputaton requirements to get past this threat detection system...
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
U tested this on two PCs, bioth have Defender and Reputation enabled by default, not sure where reputation wwas pulled ofr you, but in both PCs there was no complains and MM site have A+ Reputation.

I guess you should report False positive if possible.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts