Canot see title listing, only albums

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

jlobert

Canot see title listing, only albums

Post by jlobert »

So, the latest upgrade is so convoluted that the program has become useless. Why do developers do that?

After upgrading, I can see the artists list on the left, I can see the albums for each artist, but if I click on any album, I do not see the title listing inside. The title, album, rating, path etc. on the right panel are all empty. I cannot start an album, either. On the very right (the current playlist? It is not labeled), I see the listing of ONE album, which is the one I listened to before upgrading and if I click the play button, that is what is playing.

I rescanned the tree, which didn't make any difference.

Any ideas how I can get the title listing back? Version 5.0.1.2433 on Windows 10, latest updates.

Any way to downgrade to the previous version without losing everything?
Lowlander

Re: Canot see title listing, only albums

Post by Lowlander »

Like MediaMonkey 4 you can choose different views. You can change the View to List: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... ging_Views

By default on the right there is the Playing (called Now Playing in MediaMonkey 4) and Preview windows: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... the_Layout

You should be able to select files in MediaMonkey and right click Play Now to have them play (and they'll show in the Playing at that point): https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... es_to_Play
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Hi jlobert,

MM4 will still be intact and populated, unless you specifically deleted it.

But sticking with MM5 for the moment, what do you see in the main central panel?
And where are you in the Media Tree ie. which node ... eg. Music, or Music>Location, or Folders> ... or ... ?
A picture would help.

By the right panel, you mean "Selected" right?
Nothing shows there, because unlike MM4, MM5 does not always auto-select the 1st thing that it sees when you move to a location within the Media Tree. So the right hand panel is empty until you select something.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
jlobert

Post by jlobert »

Barry, thank you for the reply. Here is what I see, the main panel is empty, this is where the tracks should be listed:

http://jurgenlobert.net/Files/Clip0010.jpg

I do use the VIEW<MAIN PANEL<LIST option
The track listing that is seen on the right (I assume that is the current play list) is the last album I listened to before upgrading. These are the only tracks I can find of my ~14000 tracks
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

jlobert wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:04 am Barry, thank you for the reply. Here is what I see, the main panel is empty, this is where the tracks should be listed:

The forum is not very friendly when it comes to posting of images ... presumably due to spam, etc.
I can't see your image.

The link in my previous post showed instructions how to post an image to the forum.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
jlobert

Post by jlobert »

I do see the image in your reply, not sure what it is doing. Let's see if it lets me post a link, try this: jurgenlobert.net/Files/Clip0010.jpg
jlobert

Post by jlobert »

OK, I just noticed that this software deleted my entire collection of 14000+ tunes! Only the album art remains, not a single mp3 file left. No idea if it got migrated somewhere. It's not in my user folder. Unbelievable.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
MediaMonkey, warns user at least three times before it deletes anything. There is no code that will allow MM to do Auto Deletes, which is one of the major complains we receive.

Based on your image you are browsing File folders and Not MM library so it is possible that you browse Empty folders, which is unfortunately also not possible with MM where even if you used MM to move/delete files by default it also deletes empty folders.

May I suggest that we stop assuming and se ewhat happened and figure out way to fix it if possible?

For starters when you found out that files are missing and what was the last few things you have done with files in MM?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

OK, I can see your image now.

The top right panel is the Playing panel. If you right click one of the tracks in there, you should see this.
That shows where your music is located. ... You can't see the files there using Windows Explorer?

Also that panel and and the skin have been reconfigured from MM5 defaults.
So you obviously have had MM5 long enough to tinker with it.
What did you see when you first installed MM5. Looks like you were able to queue and play some tracks.

What did you do after that?
I have been using MM5 for a long time during the beta testing phases. I don't believe that it is a danger to my or your tracks ... but let's take things at face value, and talk about what you did leading up to your tracks "disappearing".