Programmatic Database cleanup?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

NicFred

Programmatic Database cleanup?

Post by NicFred »

My question is, around the HTML code saved in the database from earlier version of MM. Rather than having to manually parse all the files in my library is there a programmatic way to remove this type of unwanted code from the Lyrics?

"<table cellspacing="3px" class="song-credit-box"><tr><td style="background:#FFE39C; white-space:nowrap; vertical-align:top"> Written by: Ray Thomas </tr><tr><td colspan="2" class="plainlinks extlink" style="background:#FFE39C; text-align:center; font-size:85%; padding:0">Lyrics licensed by </tr></table>"

My library is not huge at 1.4GB, but even so that's over 19K files and I'm not jonesing to go through each one of them to find then remove that unwanted code. After having searched the forum's I haven't found a solution. If I've just missed it a pointer would be great or any suggestions that might help are all appreciated. Thanks in advance,
Lowlander

Re: Programmatic Database cleanup?

Post by Lowlander »

There is no method within MediaMonkey to do this. You could re-do the Lyrics lookup as a newer version of MediaMonkey shouldn't add this (if it does, report this).
NicFred

Post by NicFred »

Thank you for the quick response @lowlander!

I'm not having any luck with the auto lyrics lookup in MM5, so far it's just deleting the lyrics, leaving them blank. :-( That said, I might be doing something wrong so I'll keep playing around and see if I can figure it out.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) are you using?