Screen Layout

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

AnOldFella

Screen Layout

Post by AnOldFella »

I like all my screens for a particular tree node and it's subnodes to look exactly the same with the exception of the sorted order.

After choosing what to display by screen panel in the Layout option, then adjusting which columns to display, their relative locations, widths and sorting order for a particular screen, this full layout information is obviously saved somewhere as it reappears the next time that specific screen is chosen. It's not skin specific, so it appears to be something in MM. Where is this information stored ? Can it be accessed ? Used as a template and copied to other subnodes of the same Tree node ?
Barry4679

Re: Screen Layout

Post by Barry4679 »

It will be in the persistent.json file, but it is best not to tinker with it.

Try creating your own View
  • View>MainPnelView>ManageViews menu item (or the dropdown control on the Toolbar)
  • roll to the botton, and click <add new>
  • give it a name, and base it on one of the standard Views, eg List
  • specify sorting and columns to be displayed
  • press OK ... you are now looking at your custom View
  • set column spacing
That view should now be available everywhere.

I just tested this. It works but I did see one glitch, where the column width setting did not persist. ... But then it worked. If you see this, try switching to another node where you have not used your custom View, and then come back. It works for me now.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
AnOldFella

Re: Screen Layout

Post by AnOldFella »

Thank you Barry4679 ! This new feature works great. My bad for not exploring the new version thoroughly before posting.