synchronization of playlists on smartphone does not work

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

warsan

synchronization of playlists on smartphone does not work

Post by warsan »

I sync an auto playlist of never played songs with my smartphone. Now after listening to several songs and syncing back to my computer, I see that the metadata is being transferred. However, the playlist on the smartphone does not get smaller. Because played songs should be removed. What am I doing wrong?

The synchronization of playlists is activated.

MM 5.0.1
Lowlander

Re: synchronization of playlists on smartphone does not work

Post by Lowlander »

What devices are you Syncing to (and what App does it use), are you using Auto-Sync and what Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey 5 are you using?

Do Played# and Last Played update in MediaMonkey 5 after Sync, if it does, does a second Sync update the Playlist on the device?
warsan

Post by warsan »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:52 am What devices are you Syncing to (and what App does it use)
OnePlus smartphone with Android 11.
On it I have the MediaMonkey on android app.
Lowlander wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:52 am, are you using Auto-Sync and what Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey 5 are you using?
Manual sync by clicking on "Sync Now" (haven't found an auto-sync).
Version is MM 5.0.1
Lowlander wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:52 amDo Played# and Last Played update in MediaMonkey 5 after Sync, if it does, does a second Sync update the Playlist on the device?
Yes, metadata are transferred to the computer including do played and last played.
No, a second update does not change the playlist on my smartphone. It has now a different amount of songs compared to the one on the computer.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
warsan wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:35 am Manual sync by clicking on "Sync Now" (haven't found an auto-sync).
Version is MM 5.0.1
Please upgrade to latest 5.0.2 viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d
warsan wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:35 am No, a second update does not change the playlist on my smartphone. It has now a different amount of songs compared to the one on the computer.
You can always delete playlist in MMA (skip deleting files and resync) if update to latest 5.0.2 do not help.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
warsan

Post by warsan »

Thank you. I will try that.
warsan

Post by warsan »

Deleting the playlist didn't help, nor did trying the beta afterwards.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I test Playlist resync on each build and last night while I was testing I checked and once played count is transferred back to MM5 100 Never played is correctly updated and tracks taht I played on phone are not included anymore and correctly removed from MMA.

NOTE that MMA Playlists are Static and that MM5 needs to send updated one, especially if I delete playlist in MMA.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
warsan

Post by warsan »

I had to delete everything on my phone to remove/add new files. Maybe I just copied the playlist by right click on the playlist and send to device 🤷‍♂️
warsan

Post by warsan »

Yes, solved that issue with Device > Sync list (Library --> Device). Haven't seen that setting. Bit hidden/unexpected position.

Thank you for your help.