Auto complete / predictive Album [#18554]

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Paul Emmelot

Auto complete / predictive Album [#18554]

Post by Paul Emmelot »

Hi all,

I'm using mediamonkey to shape my DJ library. I have no use for the Album tag so I primarily use it to indicate the sub genre. E.g. the Genre = Deep House, and the Album = Melodic. It's a fairly straightforward way of using Smart playlists to group my tracks. In previous version the Album would always auto complete, unfortunately it doenst seem to do it in the latest version when I'm editing tags in the list view. . However I still see the roll down menu when I open the properties. Am I missing a setting here?
Lowlander

Re: Auto complete / predictive Album

Post by Lowlander »

A drop-down is also shown when in-line editing. Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey 5 are you using and what View do you have in the Filelisting?
Paul Emmelot

Post by Paul Emmelot »

Thanx for reacting so swiftly!

I'm on version 5.0.1.2433. Also I'm on Windows 11. It doens't seem to matter if I'm in the indexed location section, or in the playlist. All tracks have been scanned into the library, genre's and Albums do show up everwhere else. I'm in the flat file listing.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can you try with the latest test build of MediaMonkey 5.0.2: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d?

What View is the Filelisting set to when this happens?
Paul Emmelot

Post by Paul Emmelot »

Just installed the version you pointed me to, unfortunately still the same. Genre gives me the predictions I'm used to in previous versions, however no still predictions show up for Album. I'm file listing listview.
Not sure how to add a screenshot on here...

*edit: just also checked in 4.1.31.19.19, still works fine in there.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I can confirm this isn't working, added as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18554

Thanks for reporting this!
Paul Emmelot

Re: Auto complete / predictive Album [#18554]

Post by Paul Emmelot »

Alright! Thanks for clearing it up and adding to the bug-list. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon. Happy with the new version tho, lot's of useful improvements!