sync with volume leveling hanging on Windows 11

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

badbadbadbaddawg

Post by badbadbadbaddawg »

when attempting to sync a playlist which completed an initial sync without issue, i am selecting volume leveling. the sync will complete its scanning, convert a relatively small number of files then hang. after closing MMW5 and terminating background processes the sync will convert the file it was stuck on without issue, convert a relatively small number of files and hang again.

i can repeat the process, but the scanning takes a while before the conversions begin and i have roughly 6000 mp3 files on the removable usb drive.

any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
badbadbadbaddawg

when attempting to sync a playlist which completed an initial sync without issue, i am selecting volume leveling. the sync will complete its scanning, convert a relatively small number of files then hang. after closing MMW5 and terminating background processes the sync will convert the file it was stuck on without issue, convert a relatively small number of files and hang again.

i can repeat the process, but the scanning takes a while before the conversions begin and i have roughly 6000 mp3 files on the removable usb drive.

any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Lowlander

Re: sync with volume leveling hanging on Windows 11

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey 5 and the MediaMonkey Codec Pack (Tools > Addons), if installed, are you using, and what File Type(s) is it hanging on?
badbadbadbaddawg

MM 5.0.1.2433 , don't see a codec pack listed...pretty much a stock install. think the only change i made to defaults was the volume leveling, the only file type on the usb is mp3.
badbadbadbaddawg

formatted a smaller usb drive, and converting volume level on the initial sync seems to be working without issue. if this completes, i will reformat the larger usb drive and try the volume leveling on initial sync.
badbadbadbaddawg

it wasn't a windows 11 problem, deleted the folders from the usb drive and the conversion is moving along without any issues.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Then I guess you had permission issue due the locked folder.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts