MM Reorganising My Files

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

MeMeMe

MM Reorganising My Files

Post by MeMeMe »

I just installed MM5 last night (the release version from the website, not a beta) and while exploring the interface today, I noticed it had started reorganising my music, and wasn't using the scheme I had put in Auto-Organise.

It was just dropping all files in the root folder, renamed to <artist> - <title>, just like the default scheme if you select some tracks and manually AutoOrganise. But I hadn't done that.

I was able to fix it by shutting down mediamonkey, restarting it, moving those files to a temp folder, created a anew autplaylist that detected only tracks in that temp folder, and manually reorganised them the way I wanted them.

But I am wondering how this could happen, and will it happen again?
Lowlander

Re: MM Reorganising My Files

Post by Lowlander »

Only Auto-Organize will move files and only if files are being added or edited in MediaMonkey. Perhaps there is a wrong setting in Auto-Organize that caused this. If you share (screenshot may be the easiest) the settings we may be able to see why.
Barry4679

Re: MM Reorganising My Files

Post by Barry4679 »

MeMeMe wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:16 pm I just installed MM5 last night (the release version from the website, not a beta) and while exploring the interface today,
Not related to your question, but I would advise you to use the latest beta.
MM5 is not a mature product. A significant number of issues have been fixed since the release that you are using.
IMO the "beta" version is more stable than the release version ... ie. opposite of the situation that will exist once MM5 has matured.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.