MM5 scanning old dirs

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

SkipHill

MM5 scanning old dirs

Post by SkipHill »

No matter what I do, MM5 wants to scan where I used to keep my music files (E:\Music) for MM4 and Musicbee (that I'm trying to switch from). I've cleared the db, reinstalled MM5, completely removed MM4, and re-specified the new directory (E:\Music MM) multiple times. After it scans E;\Music MM, the one I want, it ALWAYS then scans E:\Music. I end up with duplicates of almost every file of course. Are there left over (not deleted during uninstall) registry settings for MM that might be causing this? I'm wanting to switch, but I've wasted several hours just trying to resolve this problem.

Any help will be appreciated.
Lowlander

Re: MM5 scanning old dirs

Post by Lowlander »

Scanning does not remove locations not selected for scanning. So, first make sure that File > Add/Rescan Files only has locations listed that you want scanned, then remove any locations you no longer want included from Music > Location in the Media Tree.
Barry4679

Re: MM5 scanning old dirs

Post by Barry4679 »

It is not immediately obvious how to delete unwanted lines in the Add/Scan panel. Maybe this is causing your difficulty?

You need to hover the cursor at the right end of the unwanted line for the location. That will make visible the trash can icon for the line.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.