Record with Muted Volume Results in No Sound

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

illiniwanderer

Record with Muted Volume Results in No Sound

Post by illiniwanderer »

I recently tried to record a long (1.5 hours) video from the Internet. It was obvious it was going to take a while.

No problem; I'll record it overnight. And since I wanted to sleep, I muted the volume. After all, its "monitoring", right?

Wrong-o! I lost the audio in the recording from the point I muted the audio. The recording took some 12 hours to complete :(.

Suspecting the problem, I tried a shorter recording to check out my hypothesis. I started with audio unmuted, then turned muting on and off a few times during Record.

As suspected I lost the audio from the first time I muted the audio, to the end of the Record. I also found that unmuting, which allowed me to hear the audio during Record, did not turn the audio back on in the recorded file.

Is this correct/expected behavior for MM5?

Seems to me this what I see and what I hear during record is monitoring the program source. I shouldn't lose the audio in the recording just because I muted the volume during Record (for whatever reason).

If it is thought "I" might want a video without sound, that should be a totally separate option with confirmation, not a big "gotcha" surprise after ruining a whole record session. :(

Illiniwanderer
Lowlander

Re: Record with Muted Volume Results in No Sound

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey can't record, so what did you use to record the audio?