WiFi Sync Problems

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Pedro675

WiFi Sync Problems

Post by Pedro675 »

I have newly downloaded MM5 to my Win10 PC and MM for Android to my Samsung phone.

I did an initial download (transfer) of a playlist from MMW to the phone's SD card with the SD card connected directly to my PC.

That went well with all the playlists tracks being copied to the phone's SD card.

Now I want to transfer additional tracks that I added to the original playlist on MMW to MMA SD card playlist.

I did a successful wifi sync (I thought) from the phone, but that sync deleted the additional tracks on the MMW playlist so that the playlist now mirrors the MMA SD card playlist. I now have to re-add those new tracks from my library back to the MMW playlist.

How do I sync the new MMW playlist (with added tracks) to the MMA playlist, and not duplicate tracks?

I've been all over the internet trying to find this. Thanks for help.
Lowlander

Re: WiFi Sync Problems

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About ) of MediaMonkey 5 and version (About) of MMA are you using?

Did you also make edits to the Playlists in MMA and are the date settings on both PC and phone correct?
Pedro675

Post by Pedro675 »

MMW: 5.0.1.2433
MMA: 1.4.3.0950

I made no edits to MMA only to MMW as to the added tracks to the playlist
What do you mean by date settings?? Both show internet time and date.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This shouldn't happen, if you can reproduce with the latest test build of MediaMonkey 5.0.2: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d please capture it in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens in your setup.
Pedro675

Post by Pedro675 »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:08 pm This shouldn't happen,
Well I guess you are right. I did another test with only 4 tracks and it sync'd and downloaded correctly.

I am now adding all the tracks and operation seems to be going fine.

Thanks.