Windows 11 Standby pauses playback

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

moaufmklo

Windows 11 Standby pauses playback

Post by moaufmklo »

When I am listening to music and doing something else (off the keyboard/mouse), the computer goes into standby after ~10 minutes and playback is paused. I'm on Windows 11. What can I do?
Peke

Re: Windows 11 Standby pauses playback

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It was always like that. In theory only Microsoft UWP apps are allowed to work in background, but I have not seen any application (except Groove sometimes) that stay playing in standby.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

I think this depends on Power plan settings in Windows? I.e. whether Windows should go to sleep while playing audio.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Ludek wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:23 pm I think this depends on Power plan settings in Windows? I.e. whether Windows should go to sleep while playing audio.
Ludek is right You can set that PC turn off display instead of go to sleep as like I pointed Connected Standby* works only with some Windows Store applications and not allowed for desktop apps, and that is the main reason why desktop programs will stop working when the computer enters the mode if motherboard supports it (Only device I have made it work was Surface 4 and only using MS native Groove Music).

* Connected Standby in Windows is a way to bring a low-power state to Windows devices that works similar to how smartphones and tablets handle things in order to preserve battery life and on Windows for each device properties there is a way to set it up not to go into low-power state, but that needs to be set device by device.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts