Lookup not working

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

MonkeyStrut

Lookup not working

Post by MonkeyStrut »

Hi --

I've been a gold user of MM4 for years and has just decided to upgrade to MM5. I'm facing an issue.

I've selected "lookup for metadata in the background" for artist image. Nothing happens. I've thus tried to manually search an artist image for a famous one and nothing happens, nothing is found, the artist image remains the album art. Tried with various famous artists, nothing happens. Tried to rescan my library, artist image remains the album art.

I then tried something else. I deleted lyrics from a very famous song and tried to search for lyrics. Nothing is found. Done that with multiple songs.

Thus seems like the whole lookup engine is not working.

My internet is working. Even when going on "internet" in MM5 tree on the left panel, I can browse internet.

Does anyone know what's the problem and how to solve it?

Lowlander

Re: Lookup not working

Post by Lowlander »

Is Properties > Artwork tab's Lookup Image working for you and which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you using?
MonkeyStrut

Post by MonkeyStrut »

Nope :(

Build 5.0.1.2433.
MonkeyStrut

Post by MonkeyStrut »

Same issue with build 5.0.2.2519 Beta in portable mode.

MM lifetime user.

Windows 10 64bits.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

I'm not able to replicate the issue you're describing. Can you:
- In MediaMonkey, verify that Tools > Options > Library:Medadata Lookup > Sources (for Lyrics) has all sources enabled (perhaps the sources somehow got disabled and that's the root of the problem)
- Close MediaMonkey
- Press CTRL-ALT-DELETE and run the Task Manager and check whether any MediaMonkey Apps or Background Processes are running (if yes, terminate them--it could be that MediaMonkey was unstable due to multiple copies running)
- Rerun MediaMonkey
- For a track that's missing lyrics, right click on the Track > Properties > Lyrics Tab and click the Magnifying Glass. Does MediaMonkey try to lookup lyrics?

If it still fails, I'd suggest generating a debug log as described at: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643 . That should help us understand why this is happening in your environment.

Thanks!

-Rusty
MonkeyStrut

Post by MonkeyStrut »

Found the beginning of the issue.

When installing MM5 and importing MM4 settings, the lookup (lyrics, album art, artist image, ...) does NOT work. It searches for a while, but nothing happens then.

When installing MM5 and NOT importing MM4 settings, the lookup works properly.

I can live with that but I have three questions:

1) I have A LOT of pre-defined, complex, auto-lists. Is there a way to import these from MM4 to MM5, with the hope the look-up would still work.

2) I have > 20,000 music files synced between my library (desktop PC) and an external device. Would I have to redo all this sync from scratch?

3) By default, artist image is taken from the album art(s). I can change the artist image with a lookup to see an artist photo instead. Do I have to do that manually for each artist? Isn't there a way to do a batch update for all artists with a found artist image at once?

thanks.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

When installing MM5 and importing MM4 settings, the lookup (lyrics, album art, artist image, ...) does NOT work. It searches for a while, but nothing happens then.
I don't see why this should be the case, could it be that MM4 > MM5 import a Temp directory location where MM5 hasn't enough rights to write? i.e. Options > General > Temp ?

Can you please re-import the DB and settings from MM4 and attach debug log of the failed lookups to eSupport ticket (see item 4b here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643 )

Thanks!
MonkeyStrut

Post by MonkeyStrut »

I've done what you've asked for and submitted a ticket (#3199). In the meantime, do you know the answers to my questions 1) to 3), repeated below?

Many thanks!

1) I have A LOT of pre-defined, complex, auto-lists. Is there a way to import these from MM4 to MM5, with the hope the look-up would still work.

2) I have > 20,000 music files synced between my library (desktop PC) and an external device. Would I have to redo all this sync from scratch?

3) By default, artist image is taken from the album art(s). I can change the artist image with a lookup to see an artist photo instead. Do I have to do that manually for each artist? Isn't there a way to do a batch update for all artists with a found artist image at once?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thanks, looking into it...

As for your question:

1&2) I would recommend to import your MM4's database (MM.DB). You can copy it manually to the location where the current MM5.DB resides, delete MM5.DB and run MM5 (it will use the MM.DB from MM4 as the new MM5.DB)

3) This depends on settings in Options > Metadata Lookup > Background metadata lookup
[x] Artist images

Once 'Artist images' is checked it will auto-lookup the artist images (replacing the collage of artworks from the files/albums)
MonkeyStrut

Post by MonkeyStrut »

1&2) I would recommend to import your MM4's database (MM.DB). You can copy it manually to the location where the current MM5.DB resides, delete MM5.DB and run MM5 (it will use the MM.DB from MM4 as the new MM5.DB)

Yes, but this leads to the lookup issue. Was wondering if I could just target to importing the auto-playlists.
3) This depends on settings in Options > Metadata Lookup > Background metadata lookup
[x] Artist images
Yes, I have enabled that, but nothing seems to happen.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, in the log I see Socket Error #10061 for all HTTP requests initiated from MediaMonkey. This means "Connection Refused error sent to you by the server".

Wondering how it depends on the settings it could be the Proxy settings configured in your MeidaMonkey.ini

Currently your INI in MM5 is C:\PortableApps\MediaMonkey 5\Portable\MediaMonkey.ini 
and was imported from MM4 ( C:\Users\Joachim Claudet\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey.ini )

Could you please look into the INI and tell me what is configured in your [Proxy] part and test whether change it to this:

Code: Select all

[Proxy]
UseProxy=0
Server=
Port=80
Username=
Password=
resolves the issues with auto-lookups ?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

FYI: It was shown that it was really the Proxy settings in MM4 that was breaking the lookups, so changing the Proxy in the MediaMonkey.ini resolved the issue.
MonkeyStrut

Post by MonkeyStrut »

Yes! :D
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Tracking as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18585
to tweak it and not importing the Proxy settings from MM4 by default (until it is force enabled in the INI)