Uploading Data after Sync

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Rob_S

Uploading Data after Sync

Post by Rob_S »

When I sync a few files to my android phone running musicolet, using send to SD card over USB, the files upload OK, and then afterwards it seems to hang for a while and the progress indicator says something like uploading data or info.json.

Then it pops up a dialog saying it is stuck on the upload, cancel or continue, and then eventually finishes.

Any clues what is going on here, and why does it need to do this??

Using latest beta version -
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Ludek

Re: Uploading Data after Sync

Post by Ludek »

If you are using lates (2519) version then could you please catch this in debug log (item 4b here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643 ) and attach to eSupport ticket? Just be sure that you installed the debug version and that DbgView is started prior to MM5 start.

This will help us to analyze why this is happening in your setup.

Thanks!
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

See if anyone else chimes in with similar issues.

I do see those files on my phone in a Mediamonkey folder after the sync, but since I don't use MM on the phone, I wonder what they are useful for.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Rob_S wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:37 pm I do see those files on my phone in a Mediamonkey folder after the sync, but since I don't use MM on the phone, I wonder what they are useful for.
Hi Rob, there is nothing unusual about MM sync to phone creating some extra files on your phone.

I am not sure of all the reasons, but much of it is housekeeping stuff in preparation for your next sync to that phone. ie. what did you sync last time? If it is not in your new sync list, should it be deleted? What art came with it? If it was in your sysnc list last time, and is still in the sync list this time, are there any changes which should trigger getting a replacement copy? Did you play or re-rate the track on the phone, and if so should that info be synced back to MMW?

The files are small, and MM housekeeps them, so there is no accumulation of rubbish.

If you are still getting the error messages that you originally mentioned (which are unusual btw) you should collect the info that Ludek requested, so that he can check it out.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.