[Solved] Apply views to other sections?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

sean

[Solved] Apply views to other sections?

Post by sean »

Hey. I finally installed MM5 and am setting it up the way I like.

On my Music > All tracks section, I've set the columns up the way I prefer.

I noticed I could "save" the view by going to Manage Views, add, and save my current view.

But now, when I head over to a playlist, it shows a different set of columns. The view that I saved is not available.

Is there away to apply my preferred column layout across the board to all playlists and areas?

Thanks.
Last edited by sean on Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barry4679

Re: Apply views to other sections?

Post by Barry4679 »

I think that they way that it is designed to work is:
  • Go to manage Views, and press Add New (you may have to scroll now to see <Add New>)
  • give your new View a unique name, and base it upon one of the pre-defined Views: Grid, List or List By Album
  • set your preferences; sort sequence, columns displayed, and column sequence, and whether or not the Column Filter is displayed
  • Press OK
Your new custom view should then be available in all situations, although not in Playlists. I think that they have have their own set of Views, so you would probably have to repeat the setup there also.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

I believe this has been discussed here: viewtopic.php?p=478724#p478724
There's a prototype addon that shares column filter settings across multiple node types in SampleScripts/sharedColumns, in the MM5 install directory. (To add it, simply copy it into Scripts.) Hopefully it provides the functionality you're looking for.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
sean

Post by sean »

drakinite wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:44 pm I believe this has been discussed here: viewtopic.php?p=478724#p478724
There's a prototype addon that shares column filter settings across multiple node types in SampleScripts/sharedColumns, in the MM5 install directory. (To add it, simply copy it into Scripts.) Hopefully it provides the functionality you're looking for.
Amazing! Exactly what I wanted. Thanks!
drakinite

Re: [Solved] Apply views to other sections?

Post by drakinite »

Great! No problem.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.