Album image not showing ~20% of albums

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

noisebeam

Album image not showing ~20% of albums

Post by noisebeam »

I believe this was addressed prior, but I can't find the thread with solution

MM5 2524 is not showing about 20% of the album covers in album view. 100% of my tracks have the album cover embedded and I use the exact same jpg image in all tracks under the Album. I have zero images in folders. No issues in MM4.

In some cases if I select as track it shows the correct embedded art in 'Selected' view. In others cases there is not art show and when I check file properties, artwork I see an error message: "c:xxxxx file is inaccessible" but MM4 can read it fine and I have no read restrictions on any of my files or directories.

I have optimized and rebuilt the database. Remind me what I need to do so I can see all album covers.
Lowlander

Re: Album image not showing ~20% of albums

Post by Lowlander »

If Properties > Artwork can't read the Artwork check if the Path it shows (in the tooltip of the Artwork) shows a valid Path where it actually is located.

Also which Build (Help > About) are you using?
noisebeam

Post by noisebeam »

I am using 2524. Re-scanning fixed the issue with the files that could not be located (I had forgotten I changed the name of a few in MM4 since I last used 5) But the bulk of the issue remains, the album in album view doesn't show the art, but it is there in each individual track and the art file is matched exactly for all tracks in that Album.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Suggestions:
  • go to Music>FilesToEdit>UnknownArtwork
  • if that finds any issues, put yourself in List By Album View
  • Select the first track, and open the (track) Properties panel, and go to the Artwork panel
  • use the Next button (bottom right corner) to review and fix the situation for each track
  • when fixing anything, make sure the the Apply to All Files in the Album option is checked
My theory is that earlier versions of MM5 had some art related bug, and it has left some tracks in an invalid state.
Also it can be a bit hard to notice because MM5's default action is to silently lookup and cache missing art ... so it papers over the cracks a bit ... In these situations there is a floppy disck icon in the top left of the art, instead of the trash can at top right.

I had a few such errors that I could not understand, but once I fixed them all, the issue has not returned.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
noisebeam

Post by noisebeam »

When I do that (files to edit>unknown artwork) it list 683 files of 21k total and ~90% of them don't show embedded artwork (just the cd icon) in list by album view but ~10% do. When I go to properties>artwork for a sampling of ~30 of the 683 the embedded image is there, I click next, next, next and each has the artwork with trash can icon in upper right. There is no issue to fix that I can see.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can you try deleting the Album Images folder in the MediaMonkey Temp folder (location set under Tools > Options > General)?
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

noisebeam wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:54 pm When I do that (files to edit>unknown artwork) it list 683 files of 21k total and ~90% of them don't show embedded artwork (just the cd icon) in list by album view but ~10% do. When I go to properties>artwork for a sampling of ~30 of the 683 the embedded image is there, I click next, next, next and each has the artwork with trash can icon in upper right. There is no issue to fix that I can see.
OK, the only other thing I can suggest, if LowLander's last suggestion does not work, is trying to "fix" some of those persistent problems but invisible problems, by deleting the art (with the Track Properties dialog Box), and then re-obtaining it and saving it.

IIRC I had to do this for some albums where there was no apparent problem. And as I said before, the problem has not resurfaced, which is why i think it was due to database damage caused by some now-fixed bug.

My situation was a bit different because nearly all of my art is stored at the folder level, and not in individual tracks.

But I guess this will get a bit old quickly for you with 680+ tracks affected, unless it is just 50 or 60 whole albums which are affected.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
noisebeam

Post by noisebeam »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:33 pm Can you try deleting the Album Images folder in the MediaMonkey Temp folder (location set under Tools > Options > General)?
That did not change anything. Same result.
noisebeam

Post by noisebeam »

Barry4679 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:43 am

But I guess this will get a bit old quickly for you with 680+ tracks affected, unless it is just 50 or 60 whole albums which are affected.
I've spent too much time already trying to make MM5 work. The Server issue (mixing Album Artist with Artist view) is not fixed yet either. Back to MM4 and I'll check in again in a while to see if anything has changed.