Fail to scan files to library

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

txpyro

Fail to scan files to library

Post by txpyro »

I downloaded music to my music file like I normally do and most files won't scan to library. I have it set to continuously scan and also did manual scans. The log shows "Error scanning file, error while reading file info" for all the files. Three of the files made it but they won't play, get error message "Playback failed: Media Monkey cannot decode." This worked fine a couple months ago with no problems previously. When I open the files through other audio programs they work just fine, no issues. I have no idea why MM is having this issue.
Ludek

Re: Fail to scan files to library

Post by Ludek »

It seems that MM5 cannot read the file tag for some reason.

Can you please share a sample file with us for analyzing ? i.e. upload it to a free file hosting service (DropBox, Box, Rapid Share) and share link to the file via eSupport ticket.

BTW: Are you using the newest version 5.0.2.2526 ?
txpyro

Post by txpyro »

No, version 5.0.1.2433 and when I check for update it says it is current and when I try to manually download from your site the file is labeled the same version number I currently have.

A file has been sent through a support ticket.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's available as beta: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d
Kevlar

Post by Kevlar »

Having the same issue, only as of the past week. Latest public version of MM.

What's strange is a few folders will return a few files that were all consistently tagged folder-wide using MusicBee, so I think with some confidence it's not network share folder permissions issues or possibly even tag problems (since they were mass tagged by a tool). Will file a support ticket!
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thanks, just trying with the file 07 (1-07 Claymore in the Face.mp3) attached to your ticket #3454 and the file has zero length and isn't playable in any media app that I tested (MM4, MM5, foobar2000, aimp, VLC, WMP)

I am assigning this ticket to our tagging expert (MiPi) to analyze the file corruption.  

As you indicated that you tagged the files using MusicBee then it sounds like MusicBee is corrupting the files? Do you have original of the file before corruption?
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Kevlar's problem was, that the files were M4A files, but with MP3 extension and with added ID3 tags. ID3 tags cannot be added to M4A, it corrupted files.

I recommended to:
1) backup files
2) run Tools - Edit tags - Clean ID3v1 and v2 tags -> this will cut ID3 tags from the files
3) change extension of these files to M4A -> they should be playable and tagable again.

Original problem of txpyro was similar, MP4-dash files renamed to MP3.