Share Media uPnP/DLNA Issues FireTV client

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

CoreMoo

Share Media uPnP/DLNA Issues 5.0.0.2314

Post by CoreMoo »

First time I have tried Share Media with MM5 and running into some issues. Starting with Clean MM5 install 5.0.0.2314. All settings at default with Share Media enabled. Local firewall turned off. I am trying to stream mp4 movies to Amazon FireTV. I downloaded serval uPnP client apps for FireTV, including VLC. These clients can see the MM server and browse the categories, but when I try to play a movie all 3 clients give "unable to play" errors. I notice when this error happens in the MM5 app a window pops up "Unable to Decode this Format" when I click "Find missing codec" it directs me to download MediaMonkey 5 Codec Pack Trial. I download and install. Try again to play video from uPnP clients. Same error. Same message about "Unable to Decode" this time is directs me to "LAV Filters .741+"? I am doing something wrong in configuration? I left all defaults for sharing from clean install. Thanks
CoreMoo

Re: Share Media uPnP/DLNA Issues 5.0.0.2314

Post by CoreMoo »

Going to movie this post to the uPNP/DLNA board thanks
CoreMoo

Share Media uPnP/DLNA Issues FireTV client

Post by CoreMoo »

First time I have tried Share Media with MM5 and running into some issues. Starting with Clean MM5 install 5.0.0.2314. All settings at default with Share Media enabled. Local firewall turned off. I am trying to stream mp4 movies to Amazon FireTV. I downloaded serval uPnP client apps for FireTV, including VLC. These clients can see the MM server and browse the categories, but when I try to play a movie all 3 clients give "unable to play" errors. I notice when this error happens in the MM5 app a window pops up "Unable to Decode this Format" when I click "Find missing codec" it directs me to download MediaMonkey 5 Codec Pack Trial. I download and install. Try again to play video from uPnP clients. Same error. Same message about "Unable to Decode" this time is directs me to "LAV Filters .741+"? I am doing something wrong in configuration? I left all defaults for sharing from clean install.

Here is encoding info for the mp4:
Video H264 (avc1) 640x480 23.00 fps, 1047 kbps
Audio AC3, 2 channel, 48000 Hz, 192 kbps
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Lowlander

Re: Share Media uPnP/DLNA Issues FireTV client

Post by Lowlander »

Check what Auto-Conversion rules you set for that particular file format. You may want to disable Auto-Conversion and see if it streams that way as well as try to play the files that fail within MediaMonkey itself.
Lowlander

Re: Share Media uPnP/DLNA Issues 5.0.0.2314

Post by Lowlander »

That board is for MediaMonkey 4.
Ludek

Re: Share Media uPnP/DLNA Issues FireTV client

Post by Ludek »

You can check the auto-convert rules in MM5 > Options > Media Sharing > double-click the server > Auto-conversion tab : https://www.dropbox.com/s/x388jotms7zya ... 2.png?dl=0

Try to temporarily uncheck all checkboxes there to see if that makes any difference?
What is in the "Supported formats" section? It sounds like if the particular MP4 that you tested is not tracked as supported format by default?

If that doesn't help then please generate debug log (item 4b here: viewforum.php?f=30 )