MM5 creating multiple folders/versions of base folder on Google Drive [#17711]

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

brianon75

MM5 creating multiple folders/versions of base folder on Google Drive [#17711]

Post by brianon75 »

Hi All. Long LONG time MM4 user. Lost me login email account so new account :)

I've recently been trying MM5 as I am very interested in uploading/streaming from my Google Drive account.

For the most part the upload works fine. I created a Media Monkey Music folder and pointed MM5 at it.
However, MM5 is creating new directories at the same level and spreading my music(uploads) across them.

So I created /Media Monkey Music on my Google Drive account. But now there are 5 versions of this directory.
/Media Monkey Music (i created)
/Media Monkey Music 1
/Media Monkey Music 2
/Media Monkey Music 3
/Media Monkey Music 4

MM5 is uploading music across all these folders. Is there anyway to stop this ? Is it a known issue maybe with the beta ?
It is an issue because for multiple reasons I want all my music uploaded in one directory.
Also, I notice that removing music through MM5 is hit or miss. Usually tells me it couldn't find the file to delete. Possibly because it isn't where it thinks it is exactly given the numerous folders.

Any help appreciated.
Peke

Re: MM5 creating multiple folders/versions of base folder on Google Drive

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I tried whole morning to replicate multiple folders creation, but without success.
Here Are my Google Drive settings:
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
brianon75

Post by brianon75 »

Thanks for the reply. The folder 'Music' you are using. Did you create it on Google Drive yourself or did MM create it for you ?

I created the folder myself on Drive and then pointed MM to it. I wonder would it be related to that. I don't know :)
Peke

Post by Peke »

HI,
MM created Folder.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
which build you have tested?
I tested with build 2330 and if I created the Music folder manually beforehand then indeed MM5 created duplicated folder with the same name and synced all files to that duplicate folder.
I just cannot replicate MM5 creating the folder with the numbered suffix, for me MM5 creates only single duplicate folder, but with exactly same name as the original.

Investigating further...

EDIT: Tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17711
brianon75

Re: MM5 creating multiple folders/versions of base folder on Google Drive [#17711]

Post by brianon75 »

Hi. I am using MediaMonkey 5.0.0.2326 test build.

In terms of the numbered suffix I can see on Google Drive (using chrome browser to view the folder) that the drives are listed identically (though they have different folder IDs).
Using other software to view my Drive (CouldMounter) it shows them with the incremental suffix. Other software like rclone only lists the first one.

Google Drive can have duplicate folders through versioning of folder I think. Maybe related to that. I don't really know :)
Last edited by brianon75 on Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Re: MM5 creating multiple folders/versions of base folder on Google Drive [#17711]

Post by Lowlander »

Please update to the newer 2330 build and try again: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d
brianon75

Post by brianon75 »

Hi. So I updated to the latest beta version as suggested.
I then set my Google Drive path to a new folder "/Music" which didn't previously exist.

I kicked off a Google Drive sync before going to bed last night. It so far uploaded 900 tracks but there are now also two Music folders where MM is uploading all tracks across. Looks like issue 17711 is not fixed in latest build.

Only difference here from 17711 is that in this instance I did not pre-create the folder.

At the moment I have two /Music folders after about 900 tracks uploading. These are not really the same folder of course as both have their own unique folder IDs. Does MM care/store the folder ID in determining what is synced or is it purely based on folder name ?
Last edited by brianon75 on Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Build 2232 should have a fix for this.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Just test note re the fix in 2232: You will need to Sing out / Sign in again as the issue was related to unsufficient scopes that user must grant when Signing in.
Details in the Mantis notes.

Workaround for builds pre 2232 is to just delete the Music folder created manually (and leave the Music folder created by MM5).