Change Licence Name / Wi-Fi Sync Server Name

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

MattTown

Change Licence Name / Wi-Fi Sync Server Name

Post by MattTown »

I'm a long term MM user and have a lifetime gold licence. I'm getting MM for my partner but wanted to buy it myself. Because I bought it that new licence has my name instead of hers. We're getting into wifi synching on the same wifi network and I want to make sure that the android phone clients don't get confused between her library and mine. I figured that one way to separate them is to have her licence have her name instead of mine. So, how do I change her licence to her name so that her library doesn't get confused with mine, and I end up with her music on my phone?
MM 2024.3003 (WEF 9 Mar 2024, Portable Mode), Gold lifetime license, user since 2009.
Currently 25K files. Library and music files are on a separate partition (E:\) on external USB drive.
Windows Surface Book (Original), i5, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD.
Win10 Home 64 bit, update: 22H2 19045.3570
MMA 2.0.0.1103, Android 13 on Nokia XR20, music files on SD card.
Lowlander

Re: Change Licence Name

Post by Lowlander »

License is not used to identify MM5 servers by MMA clients. You need to change the name under Tools > Options > Media Sharing in the media server Options. Go to the Server tab and you can change the MM5 name as it appears in MMA: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... .28DLNA.29