Tagging issues [#17793]

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Countryboy

Tagging issues [#17793]

Post by Countryboy »

I have been trying to use the tagging function in MM5 and to be honest I have not been successful. It doesn't appears like there are much options to work with especially with the different reissues that could exist for an album. Maybe I'm doing something wrong - so far doesn't look like MM5 is really good for tagging. As an example, trying to tag Black Sabbath Paranoid and getting following results - different dates for each songs and multiple genre that I have no control over unless I fix manually in the properties afterwards.

Countryboy

Re: Tagging issues

Post by Countryboy »

Another example, the album is Eric Church Caught in the Act which is a live album, autotag returns the individual studio albums that the tracks were originally recorded on....

Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
In MM5 we simplified it a bit so if you are not satisfied with Album result you can click on Album name with ! and you will get the list of albums.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Countryboy

Post by Countryboy »

hmmm... not sure I understand

In the first example for Black Sabbath's Paranoid where do I find the " Album name with !"? (see screenshot)

It seems to be the correct album however it provides 7 different album dates with multiple genres which I do know where its pulling this info from. Perhaps it's me that is a little bit ignorant and I apologize in advance.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can click on the Album name even if it isn't shown in orange with a !
rusty

Post by rusty »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:14 pm You can click on the Album name even if it isn't shown in orange with a !
i.e. in the Summary column
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Maybe changing mouse cursor to "hand" could help here to realize that the fields are clickable/selectable ?
Tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17793