Tempo Scan?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

JoeG

Tempo Scan?

Post by JoeG »

I am new to MM and have come across the Tempo designations but I am not seeing any of my tracks listed. Is there some way to have my library scanned so that I can access "slow" or "fast" tracks using the tempo buttons?
Werewolfhero

Re: Tempo Scan?

Post by Werewolfhero »

Mediamonkey is a very powerful and customizable program for music library management, and it does offer many tools for correcting missing tags/artwork/etc..... There are other things that require user involvement.

Right click on a track - properties - classification and if there are existing tempo's/moods/etc choose those from dropdown menus or you can type in your own. (repeat for any/all tracks you wish to do this for)

sites like this may help in finding the BPM to determine the tempo
https://getsongbpm.com

there may be other sites that have this info per track but don't see it listed on Last.fm, amazon music, spotify, discogs, or musicbrainz.
Mediamonkey Gold 5.0.0.2338
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Since MM doesn't have support for automatic BPM detection, when I wanted to get the tempo of all my tracks, I installed BeaTunes for a temporary trial. Its interface is laggy as heck and it's horrible to navigate, but it was able to automatically analyze the tempo of all my tracks and save it to their tags. It got a decent number of them wrong, but it was useful.

Might like to make an addon that makes it quick and simple to get the tempo manually and save it to its tags - Possibly a separate window, which provides a "tapper" which lets you click or tap a key to the beat, and it populates a text field with its current estimate. Then you can press "Save" to save the BPM to the currently playing track, or edit the text and then press Save. Might be useful to have "Next Song" and "Previous Song" buttons and hotkeys in that window too, just so that you don't have to keep switching between the tempo-finder window and the main window to switch songs.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I already told several times. I personally use Mixed in Key as it also calculate Track Initial Key Value (supported in MM5) that are great when you want to have stream of similar tracks in a row or as a DJ set on a party.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts