A quick way to delete a song that can be in several playlists at the same time? [#17821]

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Xaos

A quick way to delete a song that can be in several playlists at the same time? [#17821]

Post by Xaos »

Hello to all.
This is the first time I'm posting on this forum, as it's only been a few days since I decided to join this community.
I guess like many of you I started seriously listening to music when Apple launched their first iPod years ago and with the support of iTunes.
Unfortunately, Apple is taking its business in a different direction, and leaving iTunes on the verge of obsolescence.
So I've switched to Android and Android Auto and MediaMonkey.

So far so good, the migration has been relatively efficient even though I have a large library.

I only have some details to understand and one of them is with iTunes, if I didn't want a song to sync with the device, I just had to untick the box.

However I see that with MediaMonkey it's a bit different, and I understand that instead of individual songs, the synchronisation is via playlists. Well, if that's the case, I'll do it.

The problem I have, is that I often update the playlist, removing and adding songs, and the biggest problem is that some songs can be in different playlists, so if I want to delete this song, I have to find out which playlist it is in and delete it from each single one.

If there are a lot of songs, this work becomes quite tedious.

I thought that if I search for the song, and look in properties I can see in which playlist it is, and also with a box to which I can untick, however nothing happens.

Is there a quick way to delete a song that can be in several playlists at the same time?
Thanks for your help.
Ludek

Re: A quick way to delete a song that can be in several playlists at the same time?

Post by Ludek »

Right-click the track > Properties > Classification:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k96ugaf3u4zjg ... 1.png?dl=0

And untick the playlists (this works for standard playlists though -- not auto-playlists)
Ludek

Re: A quick way to delete a song that can be in several playlists at the same time?

Post by Ludek »

Ludek wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:05 am Right-click the track > Properties > Classification:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k96ugaf3u4zjg ... 1.png?dl=0

And untick the playlists (this works for standard playlists though -- not auto-playlists)
Hmm, just testing it and found that it really fails to remove the track from the unchecked playlists,
to be fixed as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17821
Xaos

Re: A quick way to delete a song that can be in several playlists at the same time? [#17821]

Post by Xaos »

Thank you very much Ludek.
Even thought there is an issue, it makes sense to be able to remove the song from different playlists from there.
I hope it will be functional soon.
Cheers.