Accessible Tracks?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

JoeG

Accessible Tracks?

Post by JoeG »

What is listed in the automatic playlist of Accessible Tracks. I see tracks listed there that I don't recognize and can't figure out what this playlist is collecting.
Lowlander

Re: Accessible Tracks?

Post by Lowlander »

Any files in your Library that are accessible (ie. they exist in the Path MediaMonkey has them located at).
JoeG

Post by JoeG »

Thanks but I'm still confused. I have a Master Music File with roughly 800 albums and simply want Media Monkey to capture all of those albums and tracks. How, exactly, do I point Media Monkey to all of those albums and tracks. I don't get why it seems only a fraction of them (random?) is showing up as "accessible."
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Where is the "Master Music File" located? Did you scan all the tunes into MediaMonkey via menu File > Add/Re-scan... ?
JoeG

Post by JoeG »

I meant the file I have of my own on my computer where all of my music files are located. I am trying to get Media Monkey to reflect all of the albums/tracks in my own master music file. But for reasons I do not understand, I get various problems: 1) duplicates appear in Media Monkey despite my own master music file being purged of all duplicates 2) files end up being grayed out in Media Monkey for reasons that I cannot understand 3) syncing with the sd card in my tablet is hopelessly fouled up every time I try no matter whether I start from my computer or from my tablet and whether I use USB cable or try (usually unsuccessfully) to use Wifi which is already connected to both tablet and computer.

Just can't figure out how to get all this working despite reading documentation many times, searching for you tube and online help. I suppose it is me but I am finding using Media Monkey a problem at every turn.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) Check Path, this may give clues as to why you have duplicates: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... icates/5.0

2) This generally happens when files are moved or removed outside of MediaMonkey: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... s-to-play/

3) Please start a new topic for this separate issue.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

I meant the file I have of my own on my computer where all of my music files are located.
Which file on your computer, do you mean MediaMonkey database file MM5.DB ?
I am also confused by your terminology and I quite don't understand what you are doing.
Typical user has a music archive concisting of thousands of files (bw it MP3, FLAC, M4A, MP4, .....) and then scan the files into the MM library via the Add/Rescan options. Subsequently the files are in the library and are playable.
Is this what you have done or what do you mean by " the file I have of my own on my computer " ?