How many devices can I use MM on?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Firecapt

How many devices can I use MM on?

Post by Firecapt »

Hi All,

I am an owner of Media Monkey Lifetime Gold and am currently using it on my computer. Can I install an additional instance of MM on my Android phone without having to pay a separate fee?

Thanks for your help :D
dtsig

Re: How many devices can I use MM on?

Post by dtsig »

MediaMonkey Android is a seperate product. There is a free version that has some restrictions but works well.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
rusty

Post by rusty »

As to using a Gold license on multiple machines:
If MediaMonkey for Windows is being used for personal use, then you can use a Gold license that you’ve purchased on up to 3 instances of MediaMonkey for Windows as long as they’re on PCs that you own (for as many users as you want on each of those machines).

If MediaMonkey for Windows is being used for commercial purposes, then a separate Gold license is required for each user/machine.

-Rusty
Firecapt

Post by Firecapt »

Thanks for the replies! You would think that for the purpose of defining "devices" MM would include cell phones as well and allow the phone as one of the devices.

I realize that the program is different (Windows vs. Android) but it's still MM and requires a license that could be shared across platforms.

Oh well :(

Thanks again :D
rusty

Post by rusty »

Firecapt wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:02 pm You would think that for the purpose of defining "devices" MM would include cell phones as well and allow the phone as one of the devices.

I realize that the program is different (Windows vs. Android) but it's still MM and requires a license that could be shared across platforms.
We'd implemented licensing this way because there are restrictions on vendors in different app stores preventing from charging for an app outside of the app store from which it's distributed.

-Rusty
Kepster9312

Post by Kepster9312 »

rusty wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:31 pm As to using a Gold license on multiple machines:
If MediaMonkey for Windows is being used for personal use, then you can use a Gold license that you’ve purchased on up to 3 instances of MediaMonkey for Windows as long as they’re on PCs that you own (for as many users as you want on each of those machines).

If MediaMonkey for Windows is being used for commercial purposes, then a separate Gold license is required for each user/machine.

-Rusty

I have six computers that I would like to use MM Gold on would I need to have two licenses?
rusty

Post by rusty »

Yes--according to the current licensing terms. But, can I ask what your usecase is to better understand your situation?

-Rusty