wikipedia lookup not complete

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

dtsig

wikipedia lookup not complete

Post by dtsig »

when I click on the band name 'Magellan' in the now playing/Image pane it does not find it in wikipedia. BUT if i open a browser window and type Magellan (band) then it pops up with wikipedia page for the band. This happens on various bands
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
rusty

Re: wikipedia lookup not complete

Post by rusty »

Hi dtsig,

When I add 'Magellan' as an artist to a track, and then navigate to Music > Artists > Magellan, I see:
Magellan (1994-) with no artist metadata (this seems to be referencing this artist for whom I can't find an entry in wikipedia.

If I click ⋮ > Choose alternate (Artist) > Magellan (on the MediaMonkey Artists page), then MediaMonkey displays this metadata, which is a different band.

Is the issue, in your case, that it's the first band and metadata isn't being found (because it doesn't exist)? Or is it that it's the second band, but that MediaMonkey is incorrectly guessing the first band?

Also, if you or others 'notice other artists with similar problems can you note them here?

Thanks!

-Rusty
dtsig

Re: wikipedia lookup not complete

Post by dtsig »

Hi Rusty .. thanks for the quick reply ...
It is the second. You must be sending just Megellan (without (band)) and it finds no metadata ..
thanks for looing into this ...
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig