Menus not fully visible

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Vlad1

Menus not fully visible

Post by Vlad1 »

I just tried to install MM5. First observation: When I try to display any menu, I can see only a part of it. For example, from Help menu I see "Help Conten" , "on-line Foru", and "Technical Su". There seems to be at least one more line, but I cannot read it.

See https://ibb.co/CWr6DZ9

I am using a custom DPI (150%). However MM4 did not experience any troubles displaying menus with such DPI (nor any other windows program I am aware of).

Are any fixes available for it ?

Thanks!
drakinite

Re: Menus not fully visible

Post by drakinite »

This was a known issue with scaled displays, but it should have been fixed a while ago. Do you have multiple monitors? If so, could you share a screenshot of your monitor configuration?

Also, what build of MM do you have installed? (Go to Help > About; it'll say at the top.)
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Vlad1

Post by Vlad1 »

I have second monitor, but it is not powered on and is disabled in the configuration. See https://ibb.co/McGysGR

I installed fresh version of MM5 which I downloaded yesterday, 5.0.0.2338 .
berni

Post by berni »

Vlad1 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 5:08 am I have second monitor, but it is not powered on and is disabled in the configuration. See https://ibb.co/McGysGR

I installed fresh version of MM5 which I downloaded yesterday, 5.0.0.2338 .
Hi,
the latest version is 5.0.1.2407
https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 86639&sd=d
Berni...
My Homepage
Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2
Prozessor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Systemtyp 64-Bit-Betriebssystem, x64-basierter Prozessor
MediaMonkey 5.1.0.2819
Vlad1

Post by Vlad1 »

I installed the latest stable release. 2407 seems to be beta, and I do not see my specific issue among fixed issues in this beta release.

Forgot to say that I am using Windows 7 - not sure if this is relevant for reproducing the issue.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Windows 7 might be relevant as MediaMonkey 5 is designed and tested with Windows 10 only.
Vlad1

Post by Vlad1 »

OK, uninstalling. Back to MM4 :)
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

I should mention that Windows 7 has reached end-of-life as of January 2020 - As time goes on, Microsoft won't provide any security fixes to Windows 7 users. You may want to update, because using an unsupported OS is generally not the best idea. I'm pretty sure updating to Windows 10 is still free.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
drakinite wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:37 am I'm pretty sure updating to Windows 10 is still free.
Tested today and Retail keys of Win 7 for appropriate Win10 releases still work. Used old ACER Win 7 OEM key to install Win 10 OEM on an upgraded SSD and RAM on that ACER Laptop.

NOTE: It was not straight forward move, but it worked eventually.

FYI for others there is still patch that will allow Windows 7 x64 to be installed on UEFI GPT partition.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts