MM5 Skins

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

jsl

MM5 Skins

Post by jsl »

Hi,

I'm getting used to the new MM5 interface and seems OK so far, but wondering why none of the old skins on the market work anymore with the new version.

I have always been a fan of the old "Glided" skin - it really made sense to me and the colors and shading made everything show up in a super intuitive way. Is anyone working on updating MM5 to get the MM4-compatible skins to work in MM5? I think that's an important effort. The only alternative is to flush the entire universe of old skins that have been developed independently in the community over the last ten years or so and wait for the community to generate new ones just for MM5. That's pretty frustrating and generally not a great solution, especially for those of us who really don't like the current selection of skins. (Sorry, that applies to me - I find them all really hard to look at.)

Otherwise very impressed as always with MediaMonkey and the development effort involved in keeping up with all the formats out there etc.

Thanks,
Josh
Lowlander

Re: MM5 Skins

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey 5 uses a different skinning engine: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... 7s_New/5.0
johnsmallberries

Post by johnsmallberries »

MM5 is great! +1 on the glided skin though. I'm old and I find the contrast difficult to view in MM5, such at the music ratings for a song in the playbar - I can barely see the stars in the player bar if the track is still unrated. I found glided so much easier to view because of the high contrast - it is really the only thing missing from this awesome product. I would post a v4/v5 side by side example but apparently I can't refer to an image outside of this domain....
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can change the Skin under Tools > Options Skins in MediaMonkey and additonal Skins are available: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... 1/skins-1/
smellhole

Post by smellhole »

Wow. Six of them.
::: Smellhole
::: It's better to have loved and lost than to never have had a good pair of speakers.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
jsl wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:41 pm I have always been a fan of the old "Glided" skin
Please note that Glided skin was removed from MM4 as distributed and Default skin because it was never updated to work with newer MM4 features and was also reported by many users that make more problems than working correctly.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts