How to determine art for list by album

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Deadcool

How to determine art for list by album

Post by Deadcool »

In the left tree when I select Entire Library > Artists, some of the artists show small pics of four of the albums that are found, like this (originally I used the img tags, but apparently that doesn't work here, so I had to put links instead):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Bhc4m ... sp=sharing

However, others do not -- here we have the artist, but only one of the album covers is shown:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bwoyfc ... sp=sharing

... even though when you click on it, it shows all of the albums:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11kG_6g ... sp=sharing

How can I get this to be consistent so that the artists who have multiple albums in the library show like the first example?
Lowlander

Re: How to determine art for list by album

Post by Lowlander »

The Album collage is shown when no Artist image can be found.

You can enable/disable Artist image lookup under Tools > Options Metadata lookup.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Deadcool wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:22 pm How can I get this to be consistent so that the artists who have multiple albums in the library show like the first example?
The only way to fix that is to buy more albums. :D

MM5 tries to make itself look attractive. It wants to arrange roughly square images of album art into a square container. Eye pleasing arrangements are obtained by doing this with either 1, 4, or 9 albums, ie.1x1, or 2x2, or 3x3 ... So an artist with just three albums gets put into the "single image" category.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Barry4679 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:24 pm So an artist with just three albums gets put into the "single image" category.
Compilations are counted for too ;)
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Peke wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:41 pm Compilations are counted for too ;)
That's a bit of a mixed blessing.
The algorithm is a bit lazy ... if an artist had their own albums, and they also had a track on some compilation albums, the algorithm is just as likely to fill slots with the art from composite albums
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.