Version 5.0.0.2338 no album art displayed

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

Re: Version 5.0.0.2338 no album art displayed

Post by Barry4679 »

stevenmlane wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:16 am I have upgraded to 5.0.0.2410 and reloaded the library.
"reloaded the library" = you got MM5 to rescan your music folders to build a new database?

It would be better if you had accepted MM5's offer to import and upgrade your MM4 database.
My guess is that if you rescanned the files, you got MM to find your music path differently than you did when setting up MM4.
There is a simple way to fix that, but is best to avoid it entirely by accepting the db upgrade offer.
HovelintheHills wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:40 am Not using MM5 (horrible interface look anyway).
I'm not from MM.
Allow me to suggest that you have thrown out the baby with the bath water.

There is a lot to like about the upgrades that they have packaged up into MM5, not that you would know that from their marketing or migration material.

And the default UI appearance is if they were wishing to max up future shock for some reason ... the UI can be toned down, and there are changes to make navigation better than ever IMO.

If you ever want to have another look:
  • take the migration route
  • this creates a new database, leaving the MM4 database and the MM4 installation unchanged, and still working
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
ritualdevice

Post by ritualdevice »

I had this problem recently after moving from MM4 to MM5. Artwork [embedded as tags for all my files] was not displaying in Now Playing/Selected or in Artwork list view. I ended up deleting the existing cache files at the location specified in Tools > Options > General > Temp directory. After that, they came right back up. Hope this helps someone with this issue.
Katrina

Post by Katrina »

I had this problem as well - was super frustrating.

Then I ran MM as administrator on a whim, and all fixed itself. Guess it didn't have file permissions before.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

So I guess it hasn't permissions to the temp directory configured in Options > General > Temp where MM generates the image thumbs ?
imben

Post by imben »

Had this issue too
I'd installed MM5 in a different folder to MM4.
Dragged MM4 folder into the same folder as MM5
Problem solved
suprchunk

Post by suprchunk »

ritualdevice wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:22 am I had this problem recently after moving from MM4 to MM5. Artwork [embedded as tags for all my files] was not displaying in Now Playing/Selected or in Artwork list view. I ended up deleting the existing cache files at the location specified in Tools > Options > General > Temp directory. After that, they came right back up. Hope this helps someone with this issue.
Thank you. Apparently MM5 isn't aware of where MM4 is installed? I changed the actual folder to the folder it should have picked up from MM4.

You saved me some grief and reverting.
Springsteenfan

Post by Springsteenfan »

I checked via Properties it doesn't show any artwork.
The art was embedded. I haven't changed the original folder names for any of the artists.
Strangely the other day it showed nothing; then did show art. I just played a track and the art was displayed. When the second was played the art had vanished.
Everything was built on MM4.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If Artwork is embedded and MediaMonkey can play the file it should be displayed. Did you check if Artwork was associated with the second file too?

Are the files from a MediaMonkey 4 database upgrade or were they scanned into the MediaMonkey 5 Library?