Changing file path information - old NAS to new NAS

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Jackie_Treehorn

Changing file path information - old NAS to new NAS

Post by Jackie_Treehorn »

Hey all. It's been ages since I used MM, but I just upgraded from v. 4 to v 5 and need some help with file paths.

All of my music is stored on a Diskstation NAS. I recently upgrade my Diskstation from an old one to a new one. Old Diskstation name was: Diskstation. New Diskstation name is: Diskstation2021. I haven't used MM since I moved all of my data (music files included) from the old Diskstation to the new Diskstation.

MM is showing the old path for all music files. Example:
\\DISKSTATION\Music\Music\Abba\Gold-Greatest Hits\01 Dancing Queen.m4a

So what I need to do is change the Path for all of my music files to look like this:
\\DISKSTATION2021\Music\Music\Abba\Gold-Greatest Hits\01 Dancing Queen.m4a

How do I change the path for all of my files to point to the new location of the files while keeping whatever information is in the MM DB? I know I could just delete and add all of the music again, but I would think that would ruin all of my ratings, times played, playlists, etc.
Lowlander

Re: Changing file path information - old NAS to new NAS

Post by Lowlander »

Jackie_Treehorn

Post by Jackie_Treehorn »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:10 pm Locate Moved/Missing Files: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... sing_Files
Thanks for this. I still have both versions of MM installed. Version 4.x and 5.x. This worked great in version 4. In the "located moved/missing files" dbox, I was able to "add" \\Diskstation2021\Music\Music to the list above and have MM search that location.

In version 5, I'm NOT able to "add" \\Diskstation2021\Music\Music to the list and have MM search that location. So either I'm doing something wrong here (even though I'm doing the exact same thing I just did in MM 4) or there is a bug with this feature.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Using Add it highlighted that location in Network (on 2412). Isn't that the case for you?

However I did come across some issues using Locate Moved/Missing Files: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17989