Metadata Databases Cannot find Content

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

MHTayler

Metadata Databases Cannot find Content

Post by MHTayler »

I'm new to MediaMonkey (MM) and have Version 5 (free) installed. Just ripped a CD to my library in .wav format and although successful I get this message 'No matching content online. Please verify the spelling of existing metadata or edit the entry in MusicBrainz' NB. I tried to post a link to this message I snipped from MM but although your instructions say I could do this from imgbb your forum stopped me from submitting it???

The album by Gary Numan (Intruder) has just been released but MM suggests MusicBrainz does not have the content listed and asks me to edit it in this database. Well, the database does have the release in its 4 formats so what is MM v.5 actually saying? Changing the metadata lookup to Freedb (CDDBP) or Freedb (HTTP) makes no difference. Is there anything I can do to update the file?

Another point to make is although I 'Click to look up lyrics...' only some of these appear on the tracks I've uploaded. It is very sporadic. The sources you have for this metadata are currently: ELyrics; Metro Lyrics; Lyrics Mode; SongColeta; LoloLyrics; MusInfo; Seek A Lyric. Am I to assume that if there is no entry in any of these databases, MM will say 'No Lyrics found' yet later these lyrics may become available once the aforementioned databases are updated?
Lowlander

Re: Metadata Databases Cannot find Content

Post by Lowlander »

MHTayler wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:17 pmI get this message 'No matching content online
During CD lookup?
MHTayler

Post by MHTayler »

That message appears alongside the Library entry of the album with the tracks listed below. I explored this a bit more and renamed the entry to 'Intruder', which is the title of the Album, and now the message has disappeared! Hmmm. Didn't think I had to rename an entry however, I'm aware it only takes one errant space or character to upset a database lookup .

So that being solved for now perhaps you can enlighten me regarding my question concerning lyric content.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Lyrics also relies on correct tags and it depends if it's available in the sources used. This isn't the case for all files.