FilenameMappings help [#18069]

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

taraba

FilenameMappings help [#18069]

Post by taraba »

I want to keep the artist as "Beyoncé", but I want the folder and filenames to use "Beyonce". I thought I could do this with the FilenameMappings in the ini, but that seems to replace the E9 entry I make for the accent to EFBFBD every time I load up Media Monkey. Anyone have a way to fix this except just rename the artist after I do and auto-organize?
taraba

Re: FilenameMappings help

Post by taraba »

Also, while we're at it, MediaMonkey keeps pulling song titles down with the "U+00E2" character in them instead of character x27 apostrophe. Is there any way to get this to stop? Maybe using the character mapper too? Every time I auto-tag the albums I have to go through and fix all the apostrophe characters
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Check MediaMonkey.ini again for filename mapping and edit accordingly.

I have set E9=e and C9=E it worked flawlessly.

Unfortunately it works only one way eg. Tag -> Filename not other way around.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
taraba

Post by taraba »

Ok. So I followed a mediamonkey page that said to use hex codes on both sides. Should I just use the character on the right side as in your example?

Also, any way to automatically fix the apostrophe problem that comes in with auto-tag? Is there an equivalent section in the ini for auto-tag?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Sorry, my mistake in typing here I actually used E9=65 and C9=45 previously I wanted to write "I have set E9=65 for e and C9=45 for E it worked flawlessly."

No, there is no replacement for Diacritics in "Auto-Tag from Filename" they are read as in filename so if you replace é with e in filename and then you use Aut-Tag from filename it will be read as e.
Best regards,
Peke
taraba

Post by taraba »

Sorry. I'm not asking about auto-tag from filename, I'm asking about auto-tag or what used to be called auto-tag from web I guess. I get U+2019 characters for song titles instead of a simple apostrophe ASCII character when I do this auto-tag. But I don't know of a way in MM5 to add the album art to a file and not take the track name too so then I have to keep manually changing the track name back
taraba

Post by taraba »

Peke wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:52 pm I actually used E9=65 and C9=45
Are you using this for MM4 or MM5? I just tried this in 5.0.0.2338 after a fresh boot and it still changed the line in the .ini to "EFBFBD=45" when I try to auto-organize Beyoncé. I literally copied your line out of the message and pasted it in MediaMonkey.ini.

edit:I just tried it on 4.1.29.1910 and got the same result. The expected change doesn't happen and then the .ini file is changed to "EFBFBD=65" where it used to be.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Most likely you get imported settings from previous MM version Check Ini files https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... ini-files/ and delete "EFBFBD=65" that is replacement character. I tested on Clean MM installs and do not have that line in INI.
Best regards,
Peke
taraba

Post by taraba »

This is still happening for me.

I uninstalled both MM4 and MM5. Removed every MM setting folder I could find under all those paths. Rebooted and installed MM5. Set it up and then tried to run this and still had the issue. Even the default filenames for auto-organize still had the accent character in there. Looked at the ini file and it still changed the data to that EFBFBD= line
taraba

Post by taraba »

Since all those paths were based on the user, I just tried this again with a different user and still got that replacement character problem. I guess I can try it on another computer and see what I get
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Please open support ticket where we can go into more details. I tried again and I do not get that line in INI file.
Best regards,
Peke
taraba

Post by taraba »

Just in case anyone else comes along and finds this thread, this fixed it for me.

https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 31#p291531

Eldorage's list has some errors in it though.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Great to hear that solved. For future reference I added https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18069

Can you point out on errors?
Best regards,
Peke