How to switch easily between collections?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

MacGuyver

How to switch easily between collections?

Post by MacGuyver »

Hi there,

Any suggestions with MM5 on how to jump instantly between 2 collections (folders)?

I have one folder lets say it's ABC with all my music that's cleaned and organized and sorted beautifully with many subfolders that displays and plays exactly how I want it. I have another folder let's say it's called DEF and it has all my unorganized music and uncleaned albums in subfolders that needs to be rated, cleaned, etc. Eventually I clean each album subfolder from DEF and movie it into folder ABC where I can enjoy it ias part of my cleaned & organized collection.

The problem right now, is that if I scan both ABC and DEF in MM5, my screen becomes a mish-mash of cleaned and uncleaned material being displayed together. I would like to avoid deselecting ABC or DEF each time I switch between collections, depending on whether I'm listening or cleaning my music. It's quite timeconsuming to wait for the program to rescan when I change directories. What are my options? Ideally I would flip instantly between ABC and DEF folders but I'm not sure how to accomplish this.

Thanks for any guidance!
Lowlander

Re: How to switch easily between collections?

Post by Lowlander »

Create Collections (which can filter on Path) to keep organized files separate from the messy files: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... _Rules/5.0
MacGuyver

Re: How to switch easily between collections?

Post by MacGuyver »

Thank you! Tried it and it works exactly like I hoped. Easy and fast!