It keeps adding tunes already in the library, doesn't open to Album Artist collation like i want.

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Glenn62

It keeps adding tunes already in the library, doesn't open to Album Artist collation like i want.

Post by Glenn62 »

MediaMonkey has done a better job than any other keeping track of my huge library. However, it does some annoying things i don't understand. I'd like MM to open in Album Artist collated mode, not some random thing. It opens in Summary or whatever. How do i change this!?
When collated as ADDED, it breaks up albums for multiple times. It goes for the PCs literal clock order of download over the whole ness of an album belonging together. Shouldn't one time added account for the whole album?
MM always adds tunes that should already be added and stops seeing (graying) others. The graying thing is really irritating. I keep it on continuous monitoring of one folder.
Lowlander

Re: It keeps adding tunes already in the library, doesn't open to Album Artist collation like i want.

Post by Lowlander »

You can change View, which should be remembered till you change it again: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... ging_Views

Many file details are individual for the file, this includes Added. This is why when sorting on a Column that has individually distinctive information the Album can be shown broken up.

Can you detail the location that has greyed files? If files are removed/renamed they can become Dead Links (greyed out): https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... s-to-play/
Glenn62

Re: It keeps adding tunes already in the library, doesn't open to Album Artist collation like i want.

Post by Glenn62 »

Thanks for the reply. I was speaking about the app opening in SORT Album Artist mode which is does not remember. I'm not talking about changing the view...ive been doing that everyday for years. I like things to do what i want. It isn't a huge deal but Opeing in the same mode will save me an hour or two of clicking columns over a lifetime.

Why does MM keep ADDING songs in recently added that are already there?!

"Can you detail the location that has greyed files? If files are removed/renamed they can become Dead Links (greyed out): "

The source is the same 500 gig hard drive i always use. It is the monitored file and has all music from metal to Classical. I do know if you ADD/RESCAN a file or folder...it just scans the source entirely and adds tunes already there. It does it all the time. Software just follows rules so... what!??!?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) MediaMonkey maintains sort. I've just tested with build 2424 and sorting on Length, closing MediaMonkey and opening MediaMonkey still has Music > Album Artist sorted on Length.

2) MediaMonkey does not re-add files already in the Library (ie. Added doesn't change). However as you have greyed out files it's likely the files are being renamed/moved outside of MediaMonkey. This means that MediaMonkey doesn't find the files and the renamed/moved file is seen as a new file to be added on scanning.