Podcast update not working

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Brian Siano

Podcast update not working

Post by Brian Siano »

Been trying to update podcasts, but I get an Application Error that reads,

"Application throw an exception The application called an interface that was marshalled for a different thread"

Net result is about nineteen different podcasts "Queued" but not downloading. The options to Continue or Restart in Safe Mode don't help.

Program also asks me several times if I want to let the "MediaMonkey COM elevator" make changes on my system, and yeah, I say yes.
Lowlander

Re: Podcast update not working

Post by Lowlander »

Are you seeing this on build 2419: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d
Brian Siano

Post by Brian Siano »

Version 5.0.0.2338.

Restarting creates about a half-dozen "com elevator" dialogue boxes to open.

Should I try the debug version or the other?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I would recommend to update, many bug fixes are included.
Brian Siano

Post by Brian Siano »

Installed the non-debug version. This time, it reported problems with several podcasts, and didn't download anything. Doing it a second time still didn't download anything, but no notifications of problems. If I didn't _know_ there were new podcasts, it'd seem as though it didn't find any.

But, the events I reported above didn't happen-- no application error, no list of downloads that aren't happening.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That happens in the debug version.

What are the Podcast URL's you're having trouble with? Have you tried removing and re-subscribing?
Brian Siano

Post by Brian Siano »

I tried unsubscribing and re-subscribing to a podcast that I know has a new episode. No luck.
Brian Siano

Post by Brian Siano »

Okay, I found the problem. It's _not_ a bug in the program. I tried downloading an older episode of a podcast, and it told me it couldn't download to a location that didn't exist, and that solved the problem.

The other day, I migrated my library from drive I: to drive G:. Everything went smoothly-- I could simply copy the library to drive G:, go to Entire Library/Location, and change it from I: to G:. Worked for the podcasts, too. And I'd recently downloaded a new podcast, so I was kinda flummoxed here.

Here's the thing. When you change the media location, it _doesn't_ change the destination for downloaded podcasts. You have to go into Tools/Options/Library/Download/Podcasts, or "Global Podcast Options," and change the "Download Podcasts To:" path to the new drive. Once it had that new destination, it downloaded everything just fine.