Auto-Tag Stalling Out

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

coaxialflutter

Auto-Tag Stalling Out

Post by coaxialflutter »

New user. Got Gold because this looks to be the solution to all my problems. I have nearly 28k tracks.

Problem is, Auto-Tag keeps getting stuck. I've stopped and started this process multiple times. Right now it's spinning at track 15 in the current batch of 100.

Also, if I cancel the auto-tagging will I be able to start it again without repeating tracks at a later time?

Any tips?

Thank you!
Lowlander

Re: Auto-Tag Stalling Out

Post by Lowlander »

Are you seeing this with build 2422: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d

Auto-Tag will always run through all selected files. So if you restart with files previously Auto-Tagged they will be processed again.
coaxialflutter

Post by coaxialflutter »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:29 pm Are you seeing this with build 2422: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d

Auto-Tag will always run through all selected files. So if you restart with files previously Auto-Tagged they will be processed again.
I'm on 2338. Just downloaded this morning. Should I download 2422?

I will do the tagging in batches. Thanks for the heads up.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There have been lots of fixes since 5.0 was released, including fixes in this area. This means that what you experience may already have a fix. Build 2422 is an Release Candidate and not a final release, but it is expected to become the final release.
coaxialflutter

Post by coaxialflutter »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:37 pm There have been lots of fixes since 5.0 was released, including fixes in this area. This means that what you experience may already have a fix. Build 2422 is an Release Candidate and not a final release, but it is expected to become the final release.
That made all the difference, thank you! Everything is chugging along now.

Wish I had made the jump to this software back when Google Music started to take a dump. The metadata service in MM is very awesome. Better matching than any other metadata service I've used for music.