Question: album-related, gapless playback possible?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Andre_H

Question: album-related, gapless playback possible?

Post by Andre_H »

Is there a way to set an album-related playback without gaps?

I don't want to activate this permanently or for all tracks, but specifically for some live or soundtrack albums.
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
Lowlander

Re: Question: album-related, gapless playback possible?

Post by Lowlander »

Right click a group of selected files and use Play shuffled (by Album).

You can't enable gapless between files on an Album while maintaining a gap between files from different Albums. Remove Silence is a global setting in the Output Plugin.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:57 am Right click a group of selected files and use Play shuffled (by Album).
The question was how to turn on gapless playback for a specific album in the queue.
" Play shuffled (by Album)" achieves that as a by-product?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Yes, I would prefer a way to set that per album (or for the tracks of this album, if that is technically correct), even if I don't want to play it at the moment. Is that possible?

I just tried Lowlanders guess, it seems to work, even if the description is anything but intuitive: "Album node" => "Play in random mode (album) => "Play now" seems to play without gaps, and in the correct order, so there is no shuffle.

But that only works based from the album node, there is no way to save this for certain albums so that it also works from playlists, etc.?
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Andre_H wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:31 am I just tried Lowlanders guess, it seems to work, even if the description is anything but intuitive: "Album node" => "Play in random mode (album) => "Play now" seems to play without gaps, and in the correct order, so there is no shuffle.
He probably wasn't guessing.
Agree that the option name is unintuitive. I suppose it means that Albums in the queue are shuffled, but natural track order within each the albums is retained..
I can think of alternate names for that feature, but I am not sure that any of them are significantly better TBH
Andre_H wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:31 am But that only works based from the album node, there is no way to save this for certain albums so that it also works from playlists, etc.?
You can set play controls by Music Type, but the only option is to disable cross fading .... if that improved things for your live albums, you could change those albums to have a different Music Type. You can't create a custom music type, so it would have to a kludge, where you used one of the existing types, eg. Music Video
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Barry4679 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:27 am I can think of alternate names for that feature, but I am not sure that any of them are significantly better TBH

I can even think of alternate usage of the (apparently existing) function: If it is possible to play gapless in "Album Shuffle Mode", then surely it can also be controlled elsewhere? Possibly connected with any trigger, saved somewhere in the tracks? Just a thought / polite [REQ]uest ... ;-)