Problems syncing with iPhone 14.6 [SOLVED]

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

scotdc

Problems syncing with iPhone 14.6 [SOLVED]

Post by scotdc »

I've been syncing my iPhone playlists with MediaMonkey for a couple of years now, but after 14.6 iPhone software the playlists and music content will not sync anymore and no changes are made to the phone at all. I purchased MMW5 to see if that was better, but I am experiencing the same issues in 5 as I did in Ver 4.

I go into the list of Playlists to be synced, uncheck the lists I want to remove and check the new lists I want to add. I then auto sync. MM shows it's working on it, showing deleted lists as pending to which I click OK and it says "removing old content" and then proceeds to sync new content.

But in the information scoll it shows as "adding playlist" but does not show the individual songs being added as it used to. When the syncing process is completed, MM shows the playlists both removed and added on my phone as I wanted, but when I go the phone, nothing has changed. When I disconnect the phone and re-enter MM, it show the phone as it was before, without the new sync commands.

This happens on MM5 and MM4. Thanks for any help.
Last edited by scotdc on Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Re: Problems syncing with iPhone 14.6

Post by Lowlander »

Which build of MediaMonkey 5 (Help > About) and version of iTunes?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Some additional questions: Is it that just iTunes does not see the new content synced by MM5? Or the content isn't presented on the phone itself? Does it happen also if you keep iTunes closed?
scotdc

Post by scotdc »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:34 am Which build of MediaMonkey 5 (Help > About) and version of iTunes?
I am using version 5.0.0.2388 for MM5 and 12.11.3 for iTunes. Update checks tell me both are current.
scotdc

Post by scotdc »

Ludek wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:05 pm Some additional questions: Is it that just iTunes does not see the new content synced by MM5? Or the content isn't presented on the phone itself? Does it happen also if you keep iTunes closed?
I have never had iTunes open when I sync, my library is too large for easy handling in iTunes so I keep it all in Media Monkey. Just for the hell of it I tried running a sync with iTunes open on my computer, same results

The newly synced content is not visible on the phone itself. There have been no changes to the phone at all, nothing deleted and nothing added.

It is only visible in MediaMonkey temporarily, immediately after the sync. When I unmount the phone and then establish a connection again in MediaMonkey it shows the contents to be exactly what is on the phone, no content added or deleted.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
we are unable to replicate your issue, please capture it in debug log (item 4b) and attach to eSupport ticket: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Also make sure that you use latest debug version from viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
scotdc

Re: Problems syncing with iPhone 14.6 [SOLVED]

Post by scotdc »

It turns out the syncing problem was with my phone, not MediaMonkey.

I had just joined Apple music when they went lossless, but I noticed any playlists I created in iTunes were not showing up while I was using it with Apple Car Play. Turns out I needed to toggle "Sync Library" on my phone to get everything to sync together.

Little did I know that Apple was locking out any new syncing not done in iTunes. Easy fix, untoggled the "Sync Library" on the phone and MediaMonkey worked exactly as it is supposed to.

Thanks for all your help and I hope this will help someone else.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Ahh, good catch, I guess we should document this in a KB article.

Thanks and I am glad that you solved it.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
scotdc wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:19 pm Little did I know that Apple was locking out any new syncing not done in iTunes. Easy fix, untoggled the "Sync Library" on the phone and MediaMonkey worked exactly as it is supposed to.
Nothing new regarding Apple. One thing is unclear in your statement eg. Do you need to re-enable "Sync Library" on my phone to get Apple Car Play show playlists again or it works now even "Sync Library" is disabled?

EDIT: If you can make step by step what you have done and confirm it works after few syncs we would like to add it to our knowledgebase?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts