Moving Playlists from 4 to 5

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

bjmtchbx

Moving Playlists from 4 to 5

Post by bjmtchbx »

I installed Media Monkey 5 on a brand new system and then brought in all the data from the hard drives containing it, adding it all to the library. The playlists didn't come in with that data. How can I get the playlists from 4 to 5? 4 is running on the old computer. Is there a file I can copy and paste somewhere into 5? Thanks.
Lowlander

Re: Moving Playlists from 4 to 5

Post by Lowlander »

Playlists are stored in the database: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... r-windows/
bjmtchbx

Post by bjmtchbx »

Thanks for the link. I should clarify what I mean by data, that would be all the music files, not any of the program information. Therefore nothing was collected by five from four when five was installed. How do I get the information from the four DB file into five? I copied the DB file over from four and stuck it in appdata/roaming/mediamonkey5, but upon reopening the program the playlists didn't appear. Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you delete or rename the mm5.db after you copied in the mm.db from MediaMonkey 4? This is required as otherwise MediaMonkey will not update the MediaMonkey 4 database.
bjmtchbx

Post by bjmtchbx »

I have now renamed the DB5 file and Media Monkey has filled in the playlists. One problem solved. Thanks.