Moderator: Gurus

mikehende

Re: Need help pointing M'M's Output to Reaper's Input

Post by mikehende »

Yeah, sorry for my mistakes, I got it now:

mikehende

Post by mikehende »

Ok now that I got the Output showing the Asio option, any advice on what my next steps should be to link to Reaper please?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I never used Reaper, but if its input driver driver is asio one then once you select ASIO output in MM you should be able to see it in list of available ASIO devices.

Can you show some screenshots of how you setup other apps in Reaper, maybe then it would be more clear on hat you want to archive?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

Thanks for helping. I have been working on Reaper's side of things with one member there but after everything we've tried something is missing it seems. this the thread here:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php ... ost2467996

I certainly do not expect you to read every post but maybe if I may be so bold you can look at the last few posts please then you can see where we're at ?

The general idea though is I want to be able to apply effects like reverbs and delays over MM's music while it's playing. Only way for this as I am being told told is I would need to use a DAW or VST Host for the VST plugins and would need to have MM's audio routed through a DAW or VST Host in oder to play and hear the VST fx.

I don't necessarily need to use Reaper for this, if it can;t work and I will need to use some other DAW or Host then I will do so, whatever can work, this is where I'm at.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
VST and ASIO are completely different things. VST is not supported in MM.

Based on last three pics in that forum and from what I have done, first you need to have two sound cards on your PC where one will be strictly output (usually internal one) and in recording you must have either speakers connected or Dummy connection plug in order to have that sound card available on Payback.

After that in Reaper you need to select that sound card output as an input (for my realtek internal it is called Stereo MIX, pic below).

After that you set MM to output to Realtek Sound card and you should be able to catch sound output in Reaper.
Best regards,
Peke
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

Thanks but I was trying to do this only with software, are you saying it can only be done with the use of an external device?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If by external device you mean external sound card then yes.

You need two sound card outputs 1 for MM Audio Output that will be tied to Reaper Audio Input and 1 for Reaper Output so ei ther TWO sound Cards or sound card that support two audio outputs or I gues sit is possible by using https://vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm even I have never reliably made to work.

Personally if you are about to use any DAW application like Reaper and/or type of work that demands low latency I see no point of using it on integrated sound card, having at least mid range DAC is a must thing.
Best regards,
Peke
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

I see, I have VAC [Virtual Audio Cables] installed but still trying to find a way to use it fr this purpose.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Unfortunately that is where my remote help ends. Like I said I never been able to reliably set it up.
Best regards,
Peke
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

No worries, thanks for trying to help, should I FIND SOMETHING WHICH WORKS I will post here.
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

To update, we got MM working with OBS software but the VST plugins in OBS would not work properly so I have been trying Vmix software and was told this:

Install Virtual Audio Cable. In Windows audio settings set Mediamonkey to use Virtual Cable as output audio device.
Add Virtual Audio cable in vMIX, you can do whatever after that.

I had replied asking exactly which of the 4 Output options showing in MM I should use but no response, any suggestions please?

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Output Device should be set within the Output Plug-in settings. I guess you may have to trial and error to see if this works reliably for any of the available Output Plug-ins.
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

Finally something which should work:

https://community.gigperformer.com/t/ca ... n-gp3/7793