Chromecast Audio Device Support

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

MyVikes

Chromecast Audio Device Support

Post by MyVikes »

I'm very pleased for the Chromecast support in MM5 but it seems that the Chromecast Audio devices are not part of that.

I've searched the forum, wiki, etc. and can't find where I may be missing something in settings but perhaps I am. The Chromecast Video devices appear and I can cast to them successfully.

I know these devices are no longer manufactured but there a zillions (I exaggerate) of these devices in existence and I for one would be very appreciative if this were to be done but unless I'm mistaken could this be added please https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/audio

Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: Chromecast Audio Device Support

Post by Lowlander »

How does it fail for you? It works with my Chromecast Audio's.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Works with my Chromecast Audio too. Do you see them in the list when you click the cast icon on the player? If not, do you see them in the Chrome browser on the same PC when clicking the cast icon?
MyVikes

Post by MyVikes »

In MM5, nothing fails they just don't appear in the list of cast devices and never have. The video chromecast devices do appear and they work fine.

Yes, they do show up in Edge but interestingly do not show up in Chrome on the same laptop (which is wireless).

I pretty much use Edge exclusively.

I found this article https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... ccessible/ referencing "BubbleUPnP on Windows can interfere with MediaMonkey’s ability to provide a Media Server to DLNA clients or to Cast to other DLNA/Chromecast clients." I do use BubbleUPnP but not on Windows....MM is my Media Server so i don't think that is related.
MyVikes

Post by MyVikes »

After troubleshooting this more it seems to be a quirky issues with wireless.

Immediately after a reboot some but not all of the Chromecast audio devices show up in Chrome then disappear and I only see the video devices. Edge shows some of the audio devices always. Very odd indeed.

But if I hook the laptop up to the network with a wired connection they all show up. This behavior does not happen on any of my phones or tablets in the house.

Any suggestions would be appreciated but this is not a MediaMonkey issue. :-?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Roon uses own proprietary protocols, because of issues like Ludek pointed.

I hate google that constantly experiment with users and different implementations. They treat users as idiots that can't learn simple things on how to fully setup around local network, which in apparment, multi floor household, small offices is setup once in few hours and all works. Plug and Play solutions have all kinds of issues or allow external access rights.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts