Looking for help putting together a Smart Playlist

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

CountZeroOr

Looking for help putting together a Smart Playlist

Post by CountZeroOr »

Hello,

I'm trying to put together a specific smart playlist in Media Monkey and I'm looking for some assistance in getting the rules put together for it.

What I'm trying to do is put together a playlist of the oldest unplayed podcast episode for each podcast, one episode per podcast, sorted by date. I've managed to get all of that except for the "One episode per podcast" part. Any advice on how to set up that part of the Smart Playlist rules?

Thank you very much.
Lowlander

Re: Looking for help putting together a Smart Playlist

Post by Lowlander »

Did you enable the option to limit to and set it to 1 file? Selected by set to Date (least recent), Added (least recent) or Original date (least recent) should do the trick.
CountZeroOr

Post by CountZeroOr »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:41 am Did you enable the option to limit to and set it to 1 file? Selected by set to Date (least recent), Added (least recent) or Original date (least recent) should do the trick.
That just appears to limit the playlist to one file total. I'm looking to do something with the last unplayed episode of each of the podcasts I subscribe to - to serve as a sort of radio playlist.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That's not possible. You can only limit the whole AutoPlaylist, not individual Criteria. Are you trying to use this for Sync?
CountZeroOr

Post by CountZeroOr »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:29 pm That's not possible. You can only limit the whole AutoPlaylist, not individual Criteria. Are you trying to use this for Sync?
A little bit - I'm trying to put together just a playlist of the oldest unplayed podcasts for what I'm subscribed to, so I can listen to that when I want to listen to podcasts, but if I want to listen to something from my music library I don't lose that playlist - but I also don't want to just only sync the oldest podcast from each the feeds I listen to either.

Again, I'm trying to build something of a "radio" setup for this feed for a reason.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I don't think it's possible with AutoPlaylists.
CountZeroOr

Post by CountZeroOr »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:52 pm I don't think it's possible with AutoPlaylists.
Bummer - is there an alternate way I could do this?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Only Sync has the option to use the oldest 1 episode. You could Sync to an internal drive (you'd have duplicates though) and use files from that Location (can be done via Collection or AutoPlaylist with the Path Criteria). I don't know how well that would work though.