MM5 Several Issues

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

lwerman

MM5 Several Issues

Post by lwerman »

I often leave MM5 MiniPlayer onscreen & just pause the music. When I get back many hours later I often get this App Error:

At that point MM5 won't function & I have difficulty with closing it or restarting it.
Then this error also popped up:

Win Task Mgr shows too many entries with one grayed out:

Restarting the computer is required to regain control.
Then I also get this error message sometimes. FYI, I also have MM4 with syncing service installed for MMA syncing to my phone.

I can usually start MM5 1st, then MM4 without any issue to test.
Reversing that order will create that Port Error.

Just a dumb question, but is MM5 still in beta? Should I wait a bit to switch to MM5?

Thanx...........Len
Lowlander

Re: MM5 Several Issues

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey 5 are you using? It already is on its second release.

As far as the port goes, make sure each MediaMonkey install uses a different port so they're not competing to use the same port, or disable the Media Server on all but the one MediaMonkey you do actually run it from. Also make sure you don't run multiple instances of the same MediaMonkey.

With regards to the Task Manager, it seems you may be running a newer and older MediaMonkey 5 release at the same time.

With regards to the errors, please capture them in debug logs (step 4b) and attach the logs to Support Tickets: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Also check if any of MM versions are installed as service and disable/uninstall service for this time and during testing.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
lwerman

Post by lwerman »

Decided to completely remove MM4 & test further. All those issues went away. MM5 running much better now. Running MM5 as a service & syncing is great.
Thanx all.......Len