phpbb-logo

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

hars

phpbb-logo

Post by hars »

it just annoys me :) why not replace it with a MM-logo, it's easy and looks way more professional.
Pablo Picasso never got called an asshole. And my record collection can beat up your record collection.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If you go to your profile options you can select a board style of "subSilverMM" instead of "subSilver", then you will see the familar monkey we all know and love! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
hars

Post by hars »

there you go, that should be the default theme imo...
Pablo Picasso never got called an asshole. And my record collection can beat up your record collection.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I agree, it should be made the default style! :D
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
rusty

Mediamonkey style update

Post by rusty »

Hars,

I've updated the forum so that the new style is the default--thanks for the contribution.

I'd delayed it because I thought that the fact that it doesn't use the full screen might annoy some users (especially those using the scripts forum). Hopefully, people will appreciate the change, and if not, maybe we can modify it so that it utilizes available screen width.

-Rusty
Teknojnky

Re: Mediamonkey style update

Post by Teknojnky »

rusty wrote:Hars,

I've updated the forum so that the new style is the default--thanks for the contribution.

I'd delayed it because I thought that the fact that it doesn't use the full screen might annoy some users (especially those using the scripts forum). Hopefully, people will appreciate the change, and if not, maybe we can modify it so that it utilizes available screen width.

-Rusty

Rusty, any way the MM skin can be updated (or provide a modifed one) to have full browser width for the forums? Right now the MM skin leaves orange bars on either side and squishes the forum view too narrow (for my tastes anyway).
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Right now the MM skin leaves orange bars on either side and squishes the forum view too narrow (for my tastes anyway).
Yep, that's also the reason why I don't use it. Most newer computers, certainly mobile pc's, now have widescreen (16:9) screens, you know...
The MM skin uses 20 cm of my 32 cm browser client area (that's only about 60%, with a total of 12 cm border). So this is another vote.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yes, I vote for an updated MM version too!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

I noticed logging on to the forum that my logon was the MM skin (which I hate on my widescreen monitor) but after login it defaulted to my setup - so all good :)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

And the standard phpBB skin, which I returned too as well, still has the phpBB logo.
hars

Post by hars »

we dont want to make the coders angry, they're good people :)

i suggest a slightly modded subsilver (like just changing the logo) for those who want the width, and leave the mm-skin as it is. if you change the mm-skin too much it will probably lose it's congruence with the rest of the site.
rusty

MM logo

Post by rusty »

Ok--subsilver is back to the default and I added the MM logo.

It looks a bit out of place, but it's there :)

-Rusty
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yepp, it's better this way!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

I think the Logo looks good, clean and mediamonkey-ish :D