Page 1 of 1

AutoPlaylist enhancements

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:39 am
by shoney
It would be great to have a criteria for auto playlists that says, "Playlist" "does not equal" "Playlist 1". This way, if you have multiple playlists that have similar criteria, the same songs won't be repeated in multiple playlists.

Another great criteria would be to not allow an artist to be repeated multiple times in a playlist. For example, if you want 20 songs rated 5 stars, you don't get The Beatles appearing 6 times.

Re: AutoPlaylist enhancements

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:51 pm
by nynaevelan
shoney wrote:It would be great to have a criteria for auto playlists that says, "Playlist" "does not equal" "Playlist 1". This way, if you have multiple playlists that have similar criteria, the same songs won't be repeated in multiple playlists.
This is already available in MM3, just select the advanced tab of Autoplaylists to enter your criteria.
shoney wrote:Another great criteria would be to not allow an artist to be repeated multiple times in a playlist. For example, if you want 20 songs rated 5 stars, you don't get The Beatles appearing 6 times.
Once again on the Advanced tab of Autoplaylists you can choose the Random option for the sort, you limit the number of tracks in the Show at Most section.

Nyn

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:06 pm
by Bex
Regarding nr 2:
I don't think you can limit tracks per Artist only per Playlist

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:13 pm
by shoney
I believe Bex is correct. I have not found a way to limit the number of tracks per aritst in a playlist. Like I said in my original post, this would be a great enhancement for auto playlists in a future update.

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:33 am
by Onweerwolf
shoney wrote:I believe Bex is correct. I have not found a way to limit the number of tracks per aritst in a playlist. Like I said in my original post, this would be a great enhancement for auto playlists in a future update.
I'd like to second this request.

Limit Number of Tracks for Artist

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:41 pm
by ectrader
I too would like to be able to limit the number of tracks for an artist in a playlis.

Thanks

Limit to Tracks to Complete Albums

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:58 pm
by spacefish
I'll jump on because the topic concerns enhancements. I'd like to see an option for limiting tracks to complete albums.

Re: Limit to Tracks to Complete Albums

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:16 pm
by nohitter151
spacefish wrote:I'll jump on because the topic concerns enhancements. I'd like to see an option for limiting tracks to complete albums.
How would the program know if an album is complete?

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:43 pm
by spacefish
No, not complete as in all tracks are present, but complete as in, if it adds one track from an album, it must add the rest of the tracks from the same album. Winamp has the option for AutoFilling a portable and choosing Full Albums Only as an option. I think this would be perfect for MediaMonkey AutoPlaylists.

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:44 pm
by nohitter151
Ah, now I understand. Thanks for explaining :)

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:48 pm
by spacefish
Sorry, I should have explained it with the suggestion. :)

Yup

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:16 pm
by Robbino
I've also been hoping for a way to limit # number of tracks per artists in my autoplaylists. This is something MM3 definitely could use soon. I love my autoplaylists, but every now and then it'll add too many of 1 artist.

Re: Yup

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:29 pm
by Teknojnky
Robbino wrote:I've also been hoping for a way to limit # number of tracks per artists in my autoplaylists. This is something MM3 definitely could use soon. I love my autoplaylists, but every now and then it'll add too many of 1 artist.
Maybe already exist in MM 3:

# Tracks by artist
# Tracks in album
# Albums by artist

but I think this go by entire library, not what in playlist.

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:33 pm
by karimleo
2 more suggestions for Enhancements to AutoPlaylists

1. Search Criteria "Original Date"
2. Sort by "Album Artist" (Is it me or is this not available? I can't remember now)