Add aacplus (HE-AAC) to the aac/m4a encoder

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

polywaffle

Add aacplus (HE-AAC) to the aac/m4a encoder

Post by polywaffle »

Hi, i'm sorry if this feature is been suggested already, but ive done a search and haven't come up with anything.
Anyway, this would be a real handy feature for me, because aac plus files can be encoded at 60-80kpbs while retaining similar quality to much higher bitrate files on supported devices. My phone only comes with a limited amount of memory, and by encoding at about 80kbps I could probably squeeze just under double the amount of songs that are on there :D

It really is an amazing format when you have a supported device, and it would add alot of value to the plugin :D
t33t

Re: Add aacplus (HE-AAC) to the aac/m4a encoder

Post by t33t »

Second that!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Note that AAC+ is NullSoft Licensed format and MM is commercial app.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Also that its hard to encode the format when MM can't even decode it yet! :P
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
johannlo

Post by johannlo »

I would be happy to pay for such a plugin to cover licencing costs etc.

Would dearly love to double or triple themusic capacity of my phone but sooooo not willing to lose my all singing all dancing auto sync goodness that MM provides between my PC, ipod and phone....
peter_h

Post by peter_h »

The $10 AAC plugin ( http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/input-output/ ) adds the ability to encode and decode in AAC. Not 100% sure if it supports encoding in HE-ACC, but it plays back my HE-AAC encodes that I did in Winamp. (At least I think they were HE-ACC encodes? Can't remember - done a while ago).
Try it and see - there's a 30day trial.
:) Pete, from Wellington, New Zealand.

Running WinXP sp3, 2Gig memory, nVidia 8600GT video.
Rafacore

Post by Rafacore »

peter_h wrote:The $10 AAC plugin ( http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/input-output/ ) adds the ability to encode and decode in AAC. Not 100% sure if it supports encoding in HE-ACC, but it plays back my HE-AAC encodes that I did in Winamp. (At least I think they were HE-ACC encodes? Can't remember - done a while ago).
Try it and see - there's a 30day trial.

No, it does not.

Ive already buy it, and doesnt encode HE-ACC. :(
johannlo

Post by johannlo »

I've heard that as well, no HE-AAC= no go, plain AAC isn't enough of an advantage to justify converting from MP3.

for the love of god MM developers please give us HEAAC
SenseMaker2010

e: WARNING! -DON'T Add trial version of aacplus (HE-AAC) plu

Post by SenseMaker2010 »

I just installed the plugin ( http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/input-output/ ) as trial version... downloaded the *.exe file and double clicked on it with Administrator status. 1st it looked good that the installation process run and finished correctly (My MediaMonkey version is 3.2.0.1294 (Standard edition) on a Vista home edition).

When starting MM new it completely crashed. Had no chance to open it. I had no access in any form instead it appeared the error message: "There was a problem with updating database to the newest version."

As I found in the directory, the mm.db, mediamonkey.ini comletely had been deleted, just disappeared... Luckily I brought back my database with status of yesterdady as I have installed automated backup script... and now MM is alive without installing MM new.... :-)

Seems this Trial version is a "trap"...

Is there any other plugin for HE-AAC stream addresses? - Would be thankful for a tip. My experience is, that more and more web radio stations switch to aac address as it is of better sound quality with fully bandwidth (frequences), same needs less streaming capacities. And maybe one of the most important arguments: it's standard for Android phones which will be the future of iOS. Another theme on its own if MM is compatible for Android Tablets and Smartphones (??).

So where to get ? - Tks in advance... TC/SM2010