Leading zero with tracknumber?

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

KoPas

Leading zero with tracknumber?

Post by KoPas »

I was wondering if it is possible to get leading zero's for the tracknumbers? I see no way how to deal with this.. all my tracks all tagged with 01, 02 etc MM removes the leading 0 when altering files :(
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This has been requested.

For what do you need the leading zero's?
MW

Post by MW »

Some playback software and hardware won't play albums in correct order without leading zeros... however, I'm not aware of any software that will play albums incorrectly with leading zeros.

The "fix" is to create playlists with the correct order, which can be kludgy.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can use leading zero's in filenames for track #. There has been some discussion about it.

I think that if the standard (ID3 for MP3) defines that leading zeros should be in tags or that many apps need these leading zeros that MM should add them to the tags. In MM itself it could still show them without (or add a user preference to the options to show or hide leading zeros).

Post by Guest »

Any news if and when this is going to be implemented? I am fairly new to MM so not aware how this is going to be pickedup..
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Things tend to get picked up faster when there are more requests (and no objections). Developers are very responsive to user needs, but certain requests have been around for a while.
With the new version out I don't expect this to be available soon. The next version is probably still months away.

Post by Guest »

Then i probably will have to look for an alternative for MM.. :( Thanks anyway!
jiri

Post by jiri »

Since this issue appears sometimes, we'll probably store track#s in ID3v2 with leading zeroes, i.e. formatted to two decimal places. There doesn't seem to be any objection against this and it will help some users.

Jiri
sadao

Post by sadao »

My only request would be that they be displayed in the main windows (as opposed to the track editing dialog boxes) without the leading zeroes.