Increment "played count" in database more often

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Edgar

Increment "played count" in database more often

Post by Edgar »

I have never had MediaMonkey crash on me -- it is incredibly stable! However, it must coexist with less mannerly programs.

From what I can determine, MediaMonkey does not update the database information for "played count" unless it exits normally. I do not know if the database file supports easy updating or if it is created from scratch in the save process. In the former case, it would be nice to update the applicable information as it changes.

On my system, MediaMonkey is launched automatically at boot and plays continuous music until the computer is shut down (unless I'm watching a DVD or sleeping in which case it is running but not playing). Often, this means that MediaMonkey is continuously open for days at a time.
[size=150][b]---[color=#8000BF]Edgar[/color][/b][/size]

64-bit Windows 10 MediaMonkey Lifetime Gold 3 & beta4
Asus ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe motherboard
sound system: Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK mixer, JBL Eon 15 G2 speakers as mains and mains subs, and JBL Eon610 mains with Tascam LF-S8 sub as near field monitors at the computer
nynaevelan

Re: Increment "played count" in database more often

Post by nynaevelan »

Your playcounts should be updating as soon as the track stops playing. What type of tracks are you playing? Are these tracks actually a part of the library? If not, then no the playcounts will not be updated in the library.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files