Media Player Emulation Output Option???

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Agrajag

Media Player Emulation Output Option???

Post by Agrajag »

For years now there are those of us with varied devices like our G15 and G19 keyboards (among others) who have been pulling out our hair trying to get MediaMonkey to work with these displays at the basic level that Media Player does.

How difficult would it be to add an option to talk to devices and provide the same type of data stream that Media Player provides? If this mode were created then we'd be following a major force that tends to get default support in every device and nearly all of us would be happy.

In that mode these devices would just see "Media Player" data and work as expected.

What's the hurdle/hurdles to reach that sort of compromise?

I push this issue because it really puts MediaMonkey in poor light as is. We're out there telling everyone that it's THE app to beat and then these advanced devices make it appear like a lightweight due to incompatibility.

Take the G19 software for example. It natively supports Media Player, iTunes, RealPlayer, Winamp, Sonique and MediaLife (f'ing MediaLife????) That suggests to new users than MediaMonkey isn't even in the same league as Sonique and, ahem, MediaLife....

I suspect this application wouldn't be the only use for this mode either.
Lowlander

Re: Media Player Emulation Output Option???

Post by Lowlander »

Have you also done the reverse and asked the devices to just support MediaMonkey natively?
Agrajag

Post by Agrajag »

Yes and in all these years it's gotten us nowhere. Given the option of trying to make the case with Logitech or here I suspected the odds are much higher convincing MM to do something than getting Logitech to do so. I've had some problems with their stuff for YEARS ON END without any fix.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

And did you go through the forums for solutions, I believe Peke has helped many to get this working.

Also something is being tracked: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=3884
Agrajag

Post by Agrajag »

Wow, you know... Maybe I was wrong after all!

Seems it might be easier to get Logitech to support this than MediaMonkey.

If you can't tell, that's sarcasm.

The link you provide hasn't been touched in over a year and what Peke's done was admirable but well outside MM and much of it is now no longer in development or being supported.

Forgive me Lowlander but I owned a top QA company for 16 years. I ask something after going through the process. Maybe many others here don't do their research but I do and your continued comments that do NOTHING to push the comment forward but instead snidely ridicule my viewpoint are simply unnecessary and unappreciated.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Sorry for trying to be helpful.
Agrajag

Post by Agrajag »

You weren't and trying to suggest that this is what you were attempting is insulting.

There is absolutely nothing helpful in the reply, "Have you also done the reverse and asked the devices to just support MediaMonkey natively?"

How about if I ask you if you've remembered to close the door when you leave your house? Would you take that as "helpful"?

I don't think so. I asked a question. You didn't have the answer but you had to chime in anyway. Again, nothing about it was helpful and you know it.